OK, i just bought an Ibanez iceman ic200 with the case from a friend for $175. I have a B.C. Rich Masterpiece which was 400 new. The Ibanez is made of better woods,but less versatile. Which one would you think is better or are they just both pieces of shit? I know there not a Gibson nor Shecter but just trying to make due with what i can get for the cash i have.
Last edited by ninoprisco at Dec 8, 2009,
Can you retype that so it's intelligible?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
Can you retype that so it's intelligible?

that better for ya hater or is that to illegible for ya too
you coulda just ignored it
I'm not a hater, I'm just not paid to post here. I'm not going to sit around, wasting time, trying to figure out what you're trying to say.

Anyways, neither guitar is going to be great without some new pickups and whatnot. That being said, I'd keep the IC200. I've always found Ibanez's low/mid-range guitars to be good value for money. Sink some money into a set of DiMarzios and some new pots and you'll have a keeper for sure. The only BC Rich guitars I've ever tried were pretty awful. They sounded bad and looked worse.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Naw man i wasn't calling you a hater, i was referring to the emg hater thing, but regardless thanks for the reply. I was pretty much thinking i should do that already. I just wanted to get some other points of view on it.
Quote by TheBackHouse
is the ic200 the one with the tobacco burst mahogany?....coz if it is i love em

yea thats it i love it to but deffinatley needs new pickups n pots
Last edited by ninoprisco at Dec 8, 2009,
Yeah, upgrade the Ibanez and it will be great. Also, the Iceman is so better looking than any BC Rich guitar (apart from the Mockingbird).
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
I have a black IC-200. The neck pickup I love. The guitar itself is beautiful, especially in sunburst, but it is very heavy which is the only thing I don't like. It has a very thin neck as well. Therefore, I wouldn't consider it a piece of crap at all, I play it more than my Jackson. So yeah, throw some DiMarzios in there, Super Distortions for me, and you have an awesome guitar. Low end BC Rich's are not good, I have a NJ Series bass which is awesome.
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
Quote by IcemanSOAD
I have a black IC-200. The neck pickup I love. The guitar itself is beautiful, especially in sunburst, but it is very heavy which is the only thing I don't like. It has a very thin neck as well. Therefore, I wouldn't consider it a piece of crap at all, I play it more than my Jackson. So yeah, throw some DiMarzios in there, Super Distortions for me, and you have an awesome guitar. Low end BC Rich's are not good, I have a NJ Series bass which is awesome.

yea defiantly gorgeous. I'm just not getting a good warm sound i want out of it, i had some old Gibson pickups that came out of a studio and ,put it in my bich masterpiece and it sounds pretty good. But, how are those super distortions sounding for you. Im thinking going active i have a Laney aor 30 watt tube, so im sure ill get amazing sound.
I play stuff like As I Lay Dying and The Devil Wears Prada.
i rekon you should put a set of PAF Pros with chrome covers in the Iceman....that with burst would look so amazing and the PAF Pros just sound beautiful
learn to english newb.
Ics are pretty good stock.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
yeahhh my IC200 seems to be better quality than my $850 Fernandes.

Although I plan on changing the pickups one day.

By no means is the Ibanez a POS. All access neck joint, decent tuners, pickups are ok, SOLID mahogany body (unlike most Gibsons), excellent bridge and a really cool tailpiece. No flaws in the beautiful sunburst finish, thick clearcoat, input jack has never been loose, switch and knobs are solid and smooth, inlays aren't messed up, neck is AMAZING.

Definitely a gem. Consider yourself lucky. I consider myself lucky to have one, and I paid twice what you paid.
Quote by edge11
learn to english newb.
Ics are pretty good stock.

what Ha!Ha! whats learn to English?
Quote by Tedward
yeahhh my IC200 seems to be better quality than my $850 Fernandes.

Although I plan on changing the pickups one day.

By no means is the Ibanez a POS. All access neck joint, decent tuners, pickups are ok, SOLID mahogany body (unlike most Gibsons), excellent bridge and a really cool tailpiece. No flaws in the beautiful sunburst finish, thick clearcoat, input jack has never been loose, switch and knobs are solid and smooth, inlays aren't messed up, neck is AMAZING.

Definitely a gem. Consider yourself lucky. I consider myself lucky to have one, and I paid twice what you paid.

I definitely agree, I mean I love the way it feels. i love everything about it Just not the pickups maybe its just mine scince it was used. But very crappy sustain it just doesn't pickup pinch harmonics, almost at all. i didnt figure it was a pos i just know it has to be my pickups. well i know emg 81/85 sound good to me so do the semour duncan blackouts but what other active pickup are out there that are worth the money?
Yeah I love my Mockingbird, but I think that the Iceman ICT700 is about the best guitar I have ever played in my life. Ibanez is my best-friend.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...