Anyone here enjoy a pint in the afternoon in Glasgow (Scotland )? where is the best pup in the city center.... judge on: drink selection, drink quality, service, atmosphere, and price (tho this is less important, a good pint is worth paying for.)

I was in Waxy O'Connors yesterday, and its pretty good

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I go from freefaller or soldier to run over raccoon.

My FanFiction
Quote by crazypyroman
do we not have anyone from glasgow on UG? i find this disturbing

I am I'm just underage so my drinking is done in those wee alley's on buchanan street and the like and down clydeside.
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Cobain_is_king is from Glasgow I believe.
Although I wouldn't dare have a drink with him.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I just know Angela.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Driftwood purely for the fact it's cheap as fuck, I quite like Rufus T's and the Horse Shoe bar as well.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
The Park Bar. Oh yeah.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by Laces Out Danny
I just know Angela.

where is that?

Quote by WaitWhat?
Driftwood purely for the fact it's cheap as fuck, I quite like Rufus T's and the Horse Shoe bar as well.

indeed i also like rufus t's but its been a while since i was in. is it any good for a quiet drink in the afternoon tho? i've only been in in the evening while waiting for the classic grand to open
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

My FanFiction
I remember, back in the day, when the Republic Bier Halle on Gordon Street was the shit. Had like 120 beers, did good food, table service(drinks as well), and hot serving wenches.
Driftwood is shit, even the cheapness doesn't make it worth it. McSorleys is good for pre sub club drinks. Other than that I dunno, I never really drank in the city centre during the day since I lived in the west end. The west end has nicer pubs. More of a community feel to it than in the city centre where you get a lot of transient trade.

As for the west end, The Rogue (used to be called Bar Transit) on Old Dumbarton rd is good, friendly owner, and the Aragon on byres rd is nice too. For quiet drinks that is.
...Bleep Bloop...
Waxy O'Connors is expensive as shit if i remember correctly (not been in a while). There's loads on Sauchihall St, and the student unions (especially the Strathclyde one) are pretty cheap if you have a student card. Other than that I dunno, I could recommend more in Edinburgh
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by opc100
The bar in the QM. £1.20 a pint, bargain.

What?! That's damn cheap!
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Some great pubs in the Govan area. Make sure you order a pint of 'Dirty Orange Basterd' It will knock you right out!
Quote by opc100
The bar in the QM. £1.20 a pint, bargain.
But it fails on every single one of the qualifiers except price, additionally is in the west end.
Quote by freedoms_stain
But it fails on every single one of the qualifiers except price, additionally is in the west end.

Pah, huge screen to watch football on, cheap bear and 3 mins from my brother's flat. What's not to like?
hello
Quote by freedoms_stain

easy student chicks, decent atmosphere. its alright.
Quote by opc100
Pah, huge screen to watch football on, cheap bear and 3 mins from my brother's flat. What's not to like?

The taste of the beer, for one.
ok thanks guys... but no unions.... the strathclyde one is only good for pool.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry

My FanFiction
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Cobain_is_king is from Glasgow I believe.
Although I wouldn't dare have a drink with him.

nawwwwwwwwww im nawwwwwwwww
RULE BRITANNIA
Purely for atmosphere and music i'd recomend The Solid Rock Cafe, it is by no means cheap but the staff are USUALY friendly just don't piss them off, the food is pretty good for pub grub, i recomend the fajitas. It also has a down stairs area with comfy couches if you fancy some peace and quiet from the sometimes dodgy songs blasted upstairs... and theres a pool table too (badum chhhh).
Oh and its right across the street from central station and round the corner from the cathouse if 14 year old goths are your cuppa tea.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i generally drink in the west end.

but i recommend the polo lounge
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by alkalineweeman
Oh and its right across the street from central station and round the corner from the cathouse if 14 year old emo/scene kids are your cuppa tea.

Fixed.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by meh!
i generally drink in the west end.

but i recommend the polo lounge

Aye, the crowd is super friendly in there.
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by WaitWhat?
Fixed.

I really don't know the difference any more, they both like wearing black, dying things black, having black eyes and calling black boards chalk boards... that last part was just for me.. i will not conform to their chalky ways.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Personally I'd recommend the Saracen's Head opposite the Barrowlands. Just cruise in wearing orange and whistling "Follow Follow", it's like a weird code they have.

Nah I have no idea, I'm from Aberdeen, but seriously don't do that.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
nawwwwwwwwww im nawwwwwwwww

wurd
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by asator
Personally I'd recommend the Saracen's Head opposite the Barrowlands. Just cruise in wearing orange and whistling "Follow Follow", it's like a weird code they have.

Nah I have no idea, I'm from Aberdeen, but seriously don't do that.

Haha, you'd never catch me in a pub on the Gallowgate, I'd be killed.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Haha, you'd never catch me in a pub on the Gallowgate, I'd be killed.

because you're a piece of chicken shit eh
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
One of my favourite experiences was watching my tiny, female swedish friend trying to tout tickets in the Saracen's head. Everyone ignored her. she tapped on peoples' shoulders and they did not turn around.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by titsmcgee852
because you're a piece of chicken shit eh

Shut it arsepiece
RULE BRITANNIA