Hello,

Just wondering, what is the difference between these guitars? I've researched and still have no clue.

Fender Deluxe Lonestar Strat
Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat

Thanks
I don't honestly know much about the Roadhouse, but I've played the Lonestar (SD Pearly Gates in the bridge, right?) and the quality of the instrument is definately not worth the asking price, imo.
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
lonestar has HSS
roadhouse has SSS

to casually spoken: what do you mean, i didnt think it was that bad and it doesnt cost a lot, like $600 only i think
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "HSS" and "SSS"?

Are these guitars bad? I was planning on buying them... what alternatives would you recommend?
Each letter corresponds to a pickup configuration. So HSS means that the guitar has a humbucker and 2 single coils. SSS is 3 single coil pickups.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Hmm okay... if I understand correctly, the Humbucker is better, so the Lonestar is better...

Could I please have a second opinion about these guitars? What alternatives would you recommend, as it appears that they are not all that good...
Quote by minifhncc
Hmm okay... if I understand correctly, the Humbucker is better, so the Lonestar is better...

Could I please have a second opinion about these guitars? What alternatives would you recommend, as it appears that they are not all that good...

wait what? how did you come to the conclusion that humbuckers are better? it depends on what sound you want from the bridge position
It was probably just the one I picked up but the one lonestar I played was constructed and set up horribly...but I think if you find a good build, then it'll be great. I think you'll like the HSS setup better than the SSS, little more versatility.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I've got the Lone Star Strat - it's pretty good once it's set up correctly. The Pearly Gates Plus humbucker is fanatastic for everything and the two Texas Specials are simply gorgeous when used together.

The other difference between the Lone Star and Roadhouse is the Roadhouse has a maple fretboard, Lone Star has a rosewood fretboard. This gives the Lone Star a slightly warmer tone which better matches the humbucker and also provides a different feel and look of course.

Basically with the Lone Star and Roadhouse guitars, what you're paying for is a normal Fender Strat with some much better stock pickups. In the case of the Roadhouse this isn't so great because you can buy the Texas Specials and install them into a Standard Strat yourself for less than the Roadhouse costs, but the Lone Star's Pearly Gates Plus pickup can't be bought separately and in my view is worth paying the extra money for.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
while humbuckers are THEORETICALLY better due to the fact that they reduce hum (thats what they were designed for after all) they are used for different sounds
a single sounds thinner
a humbucker sounds very thick
those guitars are good enough according to reiviews which on average gave it a 4 minimum (im thinking of getting it so i looked up a bit)
Thanks for all your opinions.

Quote by MrFlibble
I've got the Lone Star Strat - it's pretty good once it's set up correctly.

Sorry, this will be my first electric guitar etc... so I don't know what you mean by setting it up correctly? Thanks again.
A guitar set up basically means making sure it's correctly tuned (including something called intonation - you don't need to understand how it works, it basically just means adjusting the guitar's bridge so that the notes remain in-tune all the way up and down the neck), the action (how high the strings are from the fretboard) is right, the pickups are set at the right heights, the guitar was restrung correctly, etc. Basically, general maintenance stuff. This is something every normal Fender guitar needs, they usually take good care of their expensive American models but the regular models they tend to not take quite so much care over when shipping them out, so usually when you get any normal Fender it's very common that it will need a 'set up' to get it in perfect playing condition. This applies to all types of guitars but especially Stratocasters since their vibrato bridges can go out of tune very easily if the guitar isn't set up well.

You can learn how to set up your guitar yourself fairly easily - there is a thread about guitar setup stickied at the top of this forum. All you need is a screwdriver, a tuner, an allen key to adjust the bridge (the guitar should come with the right sized allen key for this) and about forty minutes. Alternatively you could take it in to a store to be set up. It'll cost you, obviously, but when you're starting out it may be best to have a store set it up properly the first time before you try to learn. Some stores will let you sit in and watch them set up the guitar so you can learn from watching them.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have the Lonestar. I adore this guitar more than anything. It just simply works and works hard. The pickups all sound great, the tuners are relatively solid, and and the neck is better than I could have dreamed. I highly recommend the Lonestar, specifically the one with the white finish.
Music and sutff
Quote by MrFlibble
I've got the Lone Star Strat - it's pretty good once it's set up correctly.

Thanks, I read that thread... it looks a bit daunting. So basically it's adjusting it so that it doesn't go out of tune easily, right?

Thanks