This is my friends music for his band Avera.
www.myspace.com/averametal.
I'm only going to upload 5 songs of his as i know they are all finished and on the page.
Just wanted to get some opinions. I personally think he writes amazing music.
These are all well worth the download and you won't be dissapointed. Crit/feedback. i'm sure it make his day.
Attachments:
An Existence Of.gp5
Brucheion.gp5
fuckin_cool(Finished).gp5
lawl(Finished).gp5
Chamber Of Endless Reflections(Finished).gp5
Last edited by xHumanity at Dec 8, 2009,
holy crap, it was doing okay in the first song until i hit parade. it sounds like it should be played on an accordion by a gypsy. toss that stuff out man -.-
Quote by motoko
chamber of endless reflections sounds like shit mashed together

sorry haha that was the unfinished version i reuploaded the complete version have a listen now.
Last edited by xHumanity at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by motoko
holy crap, it was doing okay in the first song until i hit parade. it sounds like it should be played on an accordion by a gypsy. toss that stuff out man -.-

you don't know good music lol
this is cool man. its not really my thing anymore. alot of it reminds me of necrophagist. i would join his band if i live close. haha
Quote by xHumanity
you don't know good music lol

yeah my bad

i like music that has some semblance of rhythm, consonance and harmony
Quote by motoko
yeah my bad

i like music that has some semblance of rhythm, consonance and harmony

no need to have a conversation with someone who can't comprehend past anything their 2 eyes see or their two ears hear.
I'm not gonna lie, I had to shut all of these off before any of them finished. There was no cohesion in the form at all.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by xHumanity
no need to have a conversation with someone who can't comprehend past anything their 2 eyes see or their two ears hear.

yea coz this music is so revolutionary and complex and powerful and thought-provoking

hahahahahaha get over yourself
Good stuff. I don't know what that motoko guy is going on about, but this sounds pretty good to me. Still, it wasn't THAT interesting, just pretty standard tech-death in the style of Necrophagist and many other bands. Some of the melodies were pretty catchy, while others just went by without a notice. Still, hats off to that band for being able to play this.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22543539#post22543539
C4C?
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by motoko
yea coz this music is so revolutionary and complex and powerful and thought-provoking

hahahahahaha get over yourself

just another forum asshole lets see what you've written lately. Since all you can do is bash the song instead of criticizing it.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Good stuff. I don't know what that motoko guy is going on about, but this sounds pretty good to me. Still, it wasn't THAT interesting, just pretty standard tech-death in the style of Necrophagist and many other bands. Some of the melodies were pretty catchy, while others just went by without a notice. Still, hats off to that band for being able to play this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22543539#post22543539
C4C?

I can't even play a lot of that shit especially the tapping its nuts. I think the music is goo yet everyone will always have a reason to bash it. *cough* Mokoto Asshole above me.*Cough*
But yea i think its very difficult to play at time but overall he's very good at writing music. I guess some people just aren't used to technical music. Theyd prefer their SUPER COOL as i lay dying and metallica and Lamb God Grrr Brooootal
Quote by xHumanity
I can't even play a lot of that shit especially the tapping its nuts. I think the music is goo yet everyone will always have a reason to bash it. *cough* Mokoto Asshole above me.*Cough*
But yea i think its very difficult to play at time but overall he's very good at writing music. I guess some people just aren't used to technical music. Theyd prefer their SUPER COOL as i lay dying and metallica and Lamb God Grrr Brooootal

YEAH LOL people dont like it because its technical, not because its clown music

lets see

-no harmony, do i need to say anything else?

-no fluid changes, between parts, it switches from one lame overdone pedal lick to another boring tremolo part.

-pretty much the only rests in the song was during the breakdown, which consisted of one ****ing note. if you want to play fast FINE, but at least uses some rests to break up the mess. its like reading a book with no paragraphs, but even worse

-the constantly changing time signatures is pretty horrific, especially when its all random rhythm anyway so you cant hit the beat when you need to

-the ****ing clown bit just sucks

-ive already said this but the transitions were horrible
Quote by motoko

lets see

-no fluid changes, between parts, it switches from one lame overdone pedal lick to another boring tremolo part.

-pretty much the only rests in the song was during the breakdown, which consisted of one ****ing note. if you want to play fast FINE, but at least uses some rests to break up the mess. its like reading a book with no paragraphs, but even worse

-the constantly changing time signatures is pretty horrific, especially when its all random rhythm anyway so you cant hit the beat when you need to

thats your opionion I could care less if you like it or not. You think technical music is a joke and i think deathcore is a joke its ll opinion in areas where you might percieve as boring or horrible transition some people might think elsewise. Again its about you constucted a Feedback instead of a bash session. Again lets see what you've written since you had to bash these songs. Im sure since you are so fluent in music theory you could write some music with "harmony" I don't understand how the music is bad everyone writes differently sorry its not filled with same generic drumtrack you see in every other song someone writes you don't need harmony in every single part of the song or the song period. Its melodic and i think it was very well made. The time signatures change a lot who cares it doesn't sound bad The solo's sounded very catchy and the chords used sound great. How are the transitions bad? I don't see a part where the transition sounds completely different from the last line it flows constant and fits fine. Again those are your opinions and these are mine. Just because its not some blistering Eddie Van halen Or some other famous guitarist style of music wrapped around theory doesn't mean its bad.
Quote by motoko

lets see

Ok the clown bit might have been awkward doesn't mean it sucks. Those are old songs he's improved vastly. Listen to the finished version Of Chamber Of Endless Reflections and you'll see what i'm talking about
Quote by motoko

lets see

also i don't see how changing time signatures is a bad thing? sometimes you need to change them in order to complete a bar.
Gasp!

Someone sound the fire alarm!!

Theres be a flamer abouts!!
AYE! if you LOVE

FOXY SHAZAM!
Quote by xHumanity
also i don't see how changing time signatures is a bad thing? sometimes you need to change them in order to complete a bar.

It's not that changing time signatures is bad. It's that these time signature changes have no flow to them at all. It's very messy sounding.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
It's not that changing time signatures is bad. It's that these time signature changes have no flow to them at all. It's very messy sounding.

he only did it in like 1 song for the most part all his other songs are in the same time signatures
Quote by motoko
i was only talking about one song -.-

let me guess. An Existence Of. What about the other songs that song is almost a year old how about you crit the other songs. They are good
Quote by xHumanity
he only did it in like 1 song for the most part all his other songs are in the same time signatures

So?

You're defending these tooth and nail for no reason. I didn't like them. Telling me I'm wrong isn't going to make me like them.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
So?

You're defending these tooth and nail for no reason. I didn't like them. Telling me I'm wrong isn't going to make me like them.

Quote my exact words when i said you were wrong....? I never said that You guys are making your crit all on one song. What about the others
Quote by xHumanity
Quote my exact words when i said you were wrong....? I never said that You guys are making your crit all on one song. What about the others

You more said motoko was wrong.

And were you capable of reading my posts, you'd see that I refer to the songs with pluralities. I listened to all of them. There were bits and pieces here and there that were alright, but generally I thought the songs were messes.
Quote by dudetheman

People talking about how there are odd rhythms and they don't work and sound messy, you're wrong. There's no real odd time signatures in these songs, what 4/4 and then a measure of 2/4 is considered too technical? The problem with these songs is the fact it needs MORE time signatures and more interestingness. Less generic techdeath and more prog.

The parts in "An Existence Of" that are in /8 add up to 7 quarter notes anyway, and 7/4 time isn't ZOMG CRAZY.

edit: actually they add up to 8/4, which isn't odd at all.
Last edited by bloodshed344 at Dec 10, 2009,
There is no flow, nor any feel in any of the ****ing songs. The music i listen to is the shit you say this is influenced by, even Necrophagist has flow and feel in there songs. The majority of this is not music. I could stand the first bit of the first song, then after that it was all shit. Lawl and chamber were probably the two worst compositions I have ever heard in my life.

And you're giving buddy shit for not listening to real music xHumanity? You're a dumbass. This is crap.
Quote by Faceless_khaos
There is no flow, nor any feel in any of the ****ing songs. The music i listen to is the shit you say this is influenced by, even Necrophagist has flow and feel in there songs. The majority of this is not music. I could stand the first bit of the first song, then after that it was all shit. Lawl and chamber were probably the two worst compositions I have ever heard in my life.

And you're giving buddy shit for not listening to real music xHumanity? You're a dumbass. This is crap.

*reported*
yo man some of these riffs are really cool. reminds me of the faceless and necro heard a little nile in their too maybe. i think u could prbly have 2 or 3 times as many songs if u split up some of the riffs and make separate songs out of them...as for that clown bit reminded me of between the buried and me and i thought it was awesome. very cool. keep writing man. i just posted some stuff too. id like to know what u think about em since i think i know what ur trying to go for in ur songs. peace
A lot of this stuff reminds me of Wretched.
I like alot of it, it needs fine tuning but still.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Quote by Faceless_khaos

No haha you're crap. stupid dumb**** flamer. So play in traffic you little shit
So many people here are so like anti technical music. Expand your horizons especially you. ****ing moron
Quote by johnyq10
yo man some of these riffs are really cool. reminds me of the faceless and necro heard a little nile in their too maybe. i think u could prbly have 2 or 3 times as many songs if u split up some of the riffs and make separate songs out of them...as for that clown bit reminded me of between the buried and me and i thought it was awesome. very cool. keep writing man. i just posted some stuff too. id like to know what u think about em since i think i know what ur trying to go for in ur songs. peace

I didn't write them, my friend did. He's a great writer. Some people hate technical music claim it takes no talent but they're wrong any kind of music on guitar take talent whether it be jazz blue metal country or anything else. The guy who said I'm a dumbass hels just one of those concieted guitar players probably who put down other people to make themselves feel better because they can't write any music of their own. Rather than doing a crit. I hope he gets banned. Anyway yea it does sound like necro but most of it is based of wretched and other bands like within the ruins. The clown bit might not have fit the best but it was pretty funny it made me chuckle. But yea go visit his band page he's got videos of him playing those songs. I think they could get places hell of a lot better than garbage like oceano and and shit haha
if you cant take other people's opinions without getting upset and saying they are wrong, you shouldnt post music. take the bad and the good.