So,
Few months ago I pickup up a gibson les paul and yesterday I traded my h&k for a marshall jcm2000 dsl100.
So, it looks like I can start buying me some high-end pedals!
I now have a boss re-20 delay and verb.
So I would now like a fuzz (under 150eu used or new), an OD (under100eu used or new) and some weird/trippy fx for in my post-rockband (for 100eu used or new).

this is a video of the music I play (it's from my band)
: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h8nIpRghVo&feature=related

At home I like to play some classic rock stuff and some metallica style metal.

So suggest some stuff please!

cheers
Hendrik
you could give the line 6 fm4 a try for your trippy fx...not sure how much they go for used over there. but some of the filters with your delay/verb will produce some trippy results I'm sure.
Quote by eyebanez333
you could give the line 6 fm4 a try for your trippy fx...not sure how much they go for used over there. but some of the filters with your delay/verb will produce some trippy results I'm sure.

Well, the re-20 isn't really givving the result I wanted, sure I can do some cool things with it, but for the really dealy sound I use there's actually only one setting I really lik on the pedal. The reverb is just horrible I think, but I still love the taptempo and the fact you can make it oscilate (or something like that).
Is that the modulation one from line6? how would this compare to the nova modulator?
No, the FM4 is a filter modeller, my parents ordered me one for Christmas tonight, they're amazing pedals. A combo of envelope filters, synth effects, a few modulation filters... check it out on youtube and Gearwire.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
No, the FM4 is a filter modeller, my parents ordered me one for Christmas tonight, they're amazing pedals. A combo of envelope filters, synth effects, a few modulation filters... check it out on youtube and Gearwire.

Okay, thanks, I'll check it out, looks exprensive though, not a big used line 6 market here. Any ideas on the fuzz and OD?
EHX Holy Grail reverb or Cathedral reverb. Both great pedals, the cathedral has more bells and whistles on it so only buy what you'll use.

also if you're looking for a good wah pedal check out the Budda Budwah. Without a doubt my favorite.

OD and Distortion pedals - The standard OD pedals are the Ibanez Tubescreamer (the TS 808 and TS9, depends on what you want) the fulltone OCD, and the Xotic BB Preamp. Also, my favorite Distortion pedal is the Keeley Modded Boss DS-1. It's amazing what they do with that thing.
Thanks for the replies so far.
Would you choose a ehx russian big muff, a zvex fuzzfactory or a death by audio fuzzwar for a fuzz? I think the zvex and DBA are about the same price, but I know myself and I don't think I'll be using all the functions on the zvex. If I find a good tone, I mostly stick with it.

I really hate my ds-1, I like my distortion to be bassy and drak sounding, that about the oposite of a normal ds-1 (that why I'm looking into a fuzz).

Is it hard to build one of those clone pedals?

edit: looks really hard, I study latin and modern languages at school, I'm not really a good electrician
Last edited by henis at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by henis
Thanks for the replies so far.
Would you choose a ehx russian big muff, a zvex fuzzfactory or a death by audio fuzzwar for a fuzz? I think the zvex and DBA are about the same price, but I know myself and I don't think I'll be using all the functions on the zvex. If I find a good tone, I mostly stick with it.

I really hate my ds-1, I like my distortion to be bassy and drak sounding, that about the oposite of a normal ds-1 (that why I'm looking into a fuzz).

Is it hard to build one of those clone pedals?

edit: looks really hard, I study latin and modern languages at school, I'm not really a good electrician

you can send your DS-1 to keeley to get modded, that way you don't have to throw away your DS-1. just look for demos of the keeley modded DS-1 and decide if you like what you hear
Quote by ghiyath
you can send your DS-1 to keeley to get modded, that way you don't have to throw away your DS-1. just look for demos of the keeley modded DS-1 and decide if you like what you hear

Well, I've heard a lot about modding a ds-1, but it would still give a pretty bittey, clear, trebly distortion though, no? And that's about the oposite of a warm, creamy, nasty fuzz that I want
Quote by henis
Well, I've heard a lot about modding a ds-1, but it would still give a pretty bittey, clear, trebly distortion though, no? And that's about the oposite of a warm, creamy, nasty fuzz that I want

true, but like i said, look for sound clips and decide for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZWnilE5duA

I personally love it, but if you're not looking for that sound then forget it. I'm just trying to give options of what you can do with your old pedals. but if it's a fuzz you want, I love the Fulltone Octafuzz

EDIT: also check out the BB Preamp. It's a very warm sounding OD but not a fuzz
Last edited by ghiyath at Dec 8, 2009,
How does the BB compare to something like a fulltone fatboost? Never tried both of them, but those seem like very intresting OD's.

The octafuzz is on my list of pedals I should check out, so I'll give that one a go, if I can find one.

What do you guys think about the english muff'n? A whole other ball game?
I love the English Muff'n, but if you're after a darker, bassier distortion then it isn't the pedal for you.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I love the English Muff'n, but if you're after a darker, bassier distortion then it isn't the pedal for you.

Well, I tried it at a musicstore a few months ago but it was with old amp and old guitar. You tube is also letting me down on the muff'n, always just some guy playing some blues riffs with an epi or something.
Hmm, whenever I've played with one it's always been very bright and trebly... but the amp has a lot to do with it, it's very sensitive to the amp you're using. The Big Muff w/Tone Wicker is much darker.