Hey guys!

I've had my Peavey vypyr since mid April ish, and it hasn't failed until today. About half an hour ago, i turned my vypyr 75 on, and found out it didn't power up. I tried another power socket and no luck :/ The power jack thing is a bit loose though..
Help..?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by eyebanez333
check fuses maybe?

How do you do that..? Soz, I really know much about electronics :P, I'm only 15.
Also, how much do you think it would cost to get the amp fixed..?

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Is there a little thing where the power cable plugs in that says fuse? And I have no idea if changing fuses manually voids warranty.
Quote by Quaned
How do you do that..? Soz, I really know much about electronics :P, I'm only 15.
Also, how much do you think it would cost to get the amp fixed..?

Fuse location varies by amp. Usually is on the back panel...and its labeled. If it is the fuse...it'll be a cheap fix that you can do yourself. If its not the fuse, its something that will need to be looked at by a tech. They usually charge a 'bench' fee...just to look at your amp, and then based on whats wrong with it, the price to fix will vary. Do you have a warranty on the amp?
Quote by eyebanez333
Fuse location varies by amp. Usually is on the back panel...and its labeled. If it is the fuse...it'll be a cheap fix that you can do yourself. If its not the fuse, its something that will need to be looked at by a tech. They usually charge a 'bench' fee...just to look at your amp, and then based on whats wrong with it, the price to fix will vary. Do you have a warranty on the amp?

I havent had any luck finding the fuse on the outside, so i'm pretty sure its in the inside. I didn't buy any warranty programs etc with my amp.

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Does the amp have the removable power cord? you might check near that jack...the fuse can be right there near that jack. if its an internal fuse, it can be a pain to find. how long have you had the amp?
Quote by eyebanez333
Does the amp have the removable power cord? you might check near that jack...the fuse can be right there near that jack. if its an internal fuse, it can be a pain to find. how long have you had the amp?

Yes it does have a removable power cord. I've checked countless times, and now i'm pretty sure the fuse is inside the amp. I've had the amp since April the 18th

Digidesign Eleven Rack

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned
Yes it does have a removable power cord. I've checked countless times, and now i'm pretty sure the fuse is inside the amp. I've had the amp since April the 18th

I've played the Vypyr numerous times, but not enough to be familiar with where the fuse(s) are at. Your best bet is to take it in. Poking around inside an amp isn't recommended