Hello all,
I recently recorded my vocals with my band and have come across a few problems.
The first is a little difficult to describe, but basically how do I make my voice sound more full? Right now when I record it sounds almost one dimensional, as though there is a part missing from it and it isn't 'full'.
The second is, how do I practice having more strength and power behind my voice? I watch videos of say Steven Tyler and Axl Rose, and they have the type of voice that grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go, but when I sing its alot more quiet, is there any way to fix this, or is it a 'born with it' type of thing?
Thanks
Best dirty pick-up line...
Quote by hide_the_beer
I wish you were my homework so I could slam you on my desk and do you all night long
to make it fuller try adding some reverb. as for the other, i dunno, not a vocalist.
It's definitely not a "born with" thing. Actually it's something singers have to work for, and not a bit, they need to work their asses of to get a mature full-sounding voice as you described. So don't lose hope, if you work hard enough you can get a full voice.

The biggest factor contributing to the full sound is a breathing technique called deep breathing. If you breath in and out, do you see your chest moving up and down? That's the wrong way to breath for singing, it's shallow. If you breath in, you should try to make your belly and sides expand. This makes your voice resonate more in your body, so that your voice sounds fuller.

Don't worry if you don't get it instantly right, because it's a technique that requires a lot of practice. An easy way to feel how you should do it is by bending over, so that your fingers are touching your toes (not necessarily, but you get the picture). Then if you breath in, you can feel your sides expand, and that's what you should be looking for.