Hey, do Slayer mainly use the G and E pentatonic minor mixed together??

I'm just woundering how to get their kind of sound when soloing...
Gear: Lindo victory flying V, Orange 30w practice amp, Jazz iii guitar picks, mobile phone apps for tuner and metronome.
i was under the impresion that they just used super fast cromatic scales?

i could be wrong
Kerry King just slaps his schlong on his guitar and amazing solos made of nothing but random noise follow.

Seriously though, I had no idea Slayer's solos were meant to sound structured. I like the band, but at times they sound cacauphonous (SP?).
the parody sounded better then kerry king. and it was lulz worthy
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
why would you want that? i love slayer, but the solos are not so good, your better off hitting random notes.
chromatic and pentatonic minor for what I know.

Oh, and lots n lots n lots of whammy bar abuse.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
They solo mainly in pentatonic minor, E aeolian, E phrygian (or technically Eb because I think they usually tune down a half step). They also mix in a lot of chromatics (AKA random notes) that will sort of follow the rhythm guitar or make dissonant sounding noise.

If you're working on thrash rhythm playing Slayer is a good band to study. If you're looking at working on playing leads Slayer isn't such a great band to dissect musically.
Em (technically Ebm due to downtuning, but it's played as if it was Em) with a healthy dose of chromaticism.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
minor with LOTS of chromatics. it's really hard to try to analyze kerry king's solos and try to replicate it because of the insane amount of chromatic notes. trust me, I tried a while back and couldn't make sense of it.