Just started playing the electric a couple of days ago...

Anything to stop my finger tips feeling like a ****ing over dose of the carpet burns!!

**** ME!!!...the way i am now after 3 days of playing I couldnt pick it back up for another week

Sorry, champ, the only way is to tough it out. Just wait until you'll start practicing barre chords, for most players it's where the fun really starts :E
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
to be honest its part of the learning process. your fingers will tend to build up calluses as you progress so theres no avoiding it. its just something you have to deal with. its like the puberty stage of guitar learning.
TALK TO GOD HERE --->

ME:
So you're gonna end the world soon?
GOD:
Interesting deduction. That was my original intention.
ME:
Well don't.
GOD:
Well that's okay. OK I will not.

Earth's fate saved in sig = EPIC WIN!!!
Yep, I put my self out of guitar a few times with finger cuts.
I played the freebird slides without a slide as a noob...
all my fingers had tiny cuts.
My friend played a slide on the beast and the harlot track....
after playing for 3 months he cut his finger a beast(lolpun? : <
Now I can abuse my fingertips and it's like I've got 1000 layers of skin
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
If you want more replies, ask in this forum:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Try tapping your fingers against a sharp wall, one that is plastered with stones. For me, the pain was not because the top skin was sore, but because the top skin was not tough enough to stop serious pressure hurting deep inside my fingers. In that case, tapping your fingers against a wall will both build callouses and allow your fingers to become accustomed to the idea of severe pressure being exerted on the insides of your fingers.