Hi there i have been wanting to get an acoustic for ages now and i have now decided i am gonna get one for Christmas. I want a low end ish one but not a shit one. I have found some pretty good ones so far i think. Here is what i have found so far which i like:

Ibanez V72E
http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ibanez-V72E-Acoustic-Guitar-Black/AY8

Washburn DS 10

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Washburn-D10S-Acoustic-Guitar-Black/B4Z

Epiphone DR 100

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Epiphone-DR-100-Acoustic-Guitar-Ebony/9T7

Fender CD 60

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Fender-CD-60-Acoustic-Guitar-Pack-Black/B0R

I want a black one ideally because i like black and they look sexy My budget is about £100-150 but i'll pay a bit more if i really like the guitar.

I don't have a clue about acoustics really but im not a beginner on guitar, i've been playing electric for 3 years. But i want to learn some fingerpicking etc

Cheers.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
if you're willing to trade sound and build quality for color, i'd go with the washburn because it is the only one that has a solid top. it's definitely the best of this bunch.
Quote by obeythepenguin
^ Seconded. I'd avoid Fender and Ibanez completely -- acoustics aren't their thing -- and most low-end Epiphones aren't much better. Remember you don't buy an acoustic for the color; you buy it because it sounds good and plays well.

If you're serious about playing acoustic, I'd save up at least £100 more, since you have more (and better) options available -- this thread's a little long, but it tells you everything you need to know.

Thanks for that bit of information. I hear what you are saying but i have to have a black one and i'm not prepared to pay any more than what i stated originally because im not gonna play it that seriously, it's just something different for me to try. I will be trying all 4 on the weekend so i will probably just choose for myself once i've looked over that thread you recommended me.

Cheers for your help though.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
dude, just buy the washburn. the others are absolute rock bottom entry level. you can't beat a solid top for improving the sound, and washburn makes better guitars than the other 3 brands you list.

Quote by Big_Rat
Thanks for that bit of information. I hear what you are saying but i have to have a black one and i'm not prepared to pay any more than what i stated originally because im not gonna play it that seriously, it's just something different for me to try. I will be trying all 4 on the weekend so i will probably just choose for myself once i've looked over that thread you recommended me.

Cheers for your help though.
Quote by obeythepenguin
Why do you "have to have a black one" (emphasis mine), especially if you're "not gonna play it that seriously"?

(1) If you're not serious about playing acoustic, don't buy one. Especially if you're "not prepared to pay," there's no sense in wasting your money.

(2) If you insist on wasting your money, don't be picky about looks. There's no reason to be picky about the color if you aren't even going to play it anyway.

Erm......

(1) I'm pretty serious about playing guitar in general but i wanted to try an acoustic for a change to my electrics, so i don't want to pay much for one...... You don't have to be serious about playing anything, as long as you have fun with it.

(2) I will play it fairly regularly probably. Why would i buy one if i'm not gonna play it? I'd rather spend it on an acoustic than spend it all on beer which is what i probably would do... Why do i have to have a reason for wanting a black guitar? My opinion is that the natural finish ones look very boring and dull I wouldn't mind getting a sunburst one though.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
his point was looks shouldn't count as much as sound and quality, and for that matter, comfort and feel. getting a better guitar will make you want to play it, and looks have pretty much zero to do with what makes a better guitar.

Quote by Big_Rat
Erm......

(1) I'm pretty serious about playing guitar in general but i wanted to try an acoustic for a change to my electrics, so i don't want to pay much for one...... You don't have to be serious about playing anything, as long as you have fun with it.

(2) I will play it fairly regularly probably. Why would i buy one if i'm not gonna play it? I'd rather spend it on an acoustic than spend it all on beer which is what i probably would do... Why do i have to have a reason for wanting a black guitar? My opinion is that the natural finish ones look very boring and dull I wouldn't mind getting a sunburst one though.
Go with the Washburn DS 10 - definitely the best guitar out of those choices, and it's black! Nothing wrong with wanting a particular color, sound is important (the most important), but it's got to look good too - so hold out until you get the best sounding / looking guitar for your money.
Yes, i understand thge point both of you are making. So i am looking for the best black acoustic i can find on a budget.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
Be sure to check Craigslist too - I've found some great deals... although unfortunately you have to sift through a lot of crap.
I started off with the Yamaha Gigmaker pack, and it's a great acoustic, but I recommend getting something with a solid top like the Yamaha FG700s. I don't really think the other accessories are needed, and you'll wish you got something just a bit nicer if you really get into guitar like I did.
The Washburn one looks the best buy for you. Once you get more into guitars you will be able to try a few out in the shop and pick the best one for you.

When buying a guitar for most people they chose based on sound, how it plays and how it looks. A good looking guitar that plays and sounds poor is not a good choice but the looks of the guitar make you want to pick it up and play it.

Good Luck