http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=14458&post=74395&uid=190913366892#/pages/Im-The-Girl-Youre-The-Boy-You-Text-Me-First-Or-We-Dont-Talk-Today/190913366892

First of all, this group frankly just pissed me off. Just to look at it on the surface, it's completely sexist and irrational for girls to actually believe this. I've read through the discussion board, but didn't want to just jump in on it. So what do you think? Is this group ridiculous? Any girls give some feedback?

From reading through comments, girls felt that they were "clingy" if they texted the guy too much. Guys seem to feel "creeper" if they text/call/etc. too much. So.. If the girl texts first and she's clingy, and if a guy texts first and he's a creeper, wouldn't the only logical choice be 50/50? Guy or girl, if someone texts/calls/messages me, I'll do the same with them. Get a text, send a text; get a comment, leave a comment. You know, keep it even. The term creeper needs to go. Some girls want guys to text them first, but are also the first ones to call you a creeper if you text all the time. I would think it is obvious, on either side, that if you are the one to always initiate conversation, that the other person must not be interested?

Note: I was going to post this on facebook, so it might not make much sense. Read through the comments a bit.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
The people on there moaning seem to be more idiotic. They making jokes about feminism when that group has got nothing to do with feminism. It's like me going onto a group of Christians just to say 'lol Mohammed was a paedo therefore you suck'.
Meh, stupid people will never cease to exist.
Im over it.
What about you?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
i'm almost always the first one to text my 'lady friend.' we used to have a game where we would see who would text each other first. we were completely aware of it and how childish it was, but we'd see who could go loner without talking to the other. i usually lost, but there are quite a number of times she did. usually when i had no service, was sleeping or my phone died.

i mean ... the group isn't that bad really. a girl friend of mine was sexually harassed the other day by some dude trying to grab her at work and saying he was just "trying to get some puss." and apparently everyone laughed. so this facebook group is pretty trivial in light of that.

i know i joke around about being a misogynist and hating women. they're crazy bitches, yeah. but i love them and they don't deserve to be treated like that.
#DTWD
I've seen so many sexist groups like that, mostly initiated by females. I don't have time to reprimand them all, so I just ignore them.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I texted someone too much and they called me clingy... Does this mean I'm a girl?

It means it's now a social norm to not be social. I'd like to say people just don't like other people. All relationship stuff is nothing more than a social norm, a stereotype. That may be why I've been single for so long, cause I don't play the relationship game (doing all the cheesy and obvious "procedures" in a relationship). People now are too conformist, too brainwashed. And I'm not trying to pull out some hippie bullshit, just saying that many girls act in a relationship the way every other girl does, but no of them know why they act that way, other than it's just "what they are supposed to do". It's become standard to follow a relationship like a ****ing Thanksgiving tradition. If there was a set of relationship commandments, I believe #2 or #3 would read

Thou who texteth much shall be deemed:
clingy (if thou art a female) and
creeper (if thou art a male)

It's disgusting that relationships can't be more fun for some girls, and that they have to follow the relationship formula.

I've realized facebook has turned people retarded. I dealt with Myspace, when all the girls on there were like 14 or 15. Now, a few years later, all these girls are 19/20 and still as immature. Every one sees the term "creeper" so now he's a creeper, she's a creeper, and no one knows what it really means, other than they should now ostracize this person, because he's a creeper. It's pathetic that a simple comment can deem you a creeper, and that the girl 1. calls you a creeper because you left an unexpected comment and 2. doesn't speak to you now because you are a creeper, all because it's just what she is supposed to do in some unwritten facebook code or something. Maybe a bit exaggerated, but you get the point.

EDIT: Lord-O-Donuts, where do you find these girls? I came to college and thought "I'm finally gonna be around smart people!" Nope, it's 95% skanks who are earning their Business degree with C-'s.

Quote by slickerthnsleek
I've seen so many sexist groups like that, mostly initiated by females. I don't have time to reprimand them all, so I just ignore them.

This one got to me, because I saw a girl used to hang out with had joined the group, and it reminded me why we never dated

EDIT #17: Another fun group, no discussion necessary, it speaks for itself.
http://www.facebook.com/vdeyoe?v=feed&story_fbid=200633540746#/pages/I-puttt-extraa-letterrss-on-myy-wordss-for-no-reasonnnn/212116649743

Quote by ShelbyLynn

Quote by HanPlaysBass
Last edited by vicd08 at Dec 8, 2009,
It's about as sexist as holding a door open for someone. It's not like it's being discriminatory. It's just a throwback to gendered discourse in relation to courting. Calm down, creeper.
I would never date a woman in a group like that.

Or facebook in general.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's about as sexist as holding a door open for someone. It's not like it's being discriminatory. It's just a throwback to gendered discourse in relation to courting. Calm down, creeper.

Yea, but I'd expect that a girlfriend would hold the door open for me, given that I didn't have the opportunity to open it for her. Yea, I'll make an effort to get to the door first, but I don't expect her to slam it in my face if I don't. Likewise, I'll make an effort to text her, but that doesn't mean she can't text me. Why can't she initiate a conversation?

Quote by ShelbyLynn

Quote by HanPlaysBass
Quote by vicd08
It means it's now a social norm to not be social. I'd like to say people just don't like other people. All relationship stuff is nothing more than a social norm, a stereotype. That may be why I've been single for so long, cause I don't play the relationship game (doing all the cheesy and obvious "procedures" in a relationship). People now are too conformist, too brainwashed. And I'm not trying to pull out some hippie bullshit, just saying that many girls act in a relationship the way every other girl does, but no of them know why they act that way, other than it's just "what they are supposed to do". It's become standard to follow a relationship like a ****ing Thanksgiving tradition. If there was a set of relationship commandments, I believe #2 or #3 would read

Thou who texteth much shall be deemed:
clingy (if thou art a female) and
creeper (if thou art a male)

It's disgusting that relationships can't be more fun for some girls, and that they have to follow the relationship formula.

I've realized facebook has turned people retarded. I dealt with Myspace, when all the girls on there were like 14 or 15. Now, a few years later, all these girls are 19/20 and still as immature. Every one sees the term "creeper" so now he's a creeper, she's a creeper, and no one knows what it really means, other than they should now ostracize this person, because he's a creeper. It's pathetic that a simple comment can deem you a creeper, and that the girl 1. calls you a creeper because you left an unexpected comment and 2. doesn't speak to you now because you are a creeper, all because it's just what she is supposed to do in some unwritten facebook code or something. Maybe a bit exaggerated, but you get the point.

YES YES YES!!!! Brilliance speaks!!!!
Quote by vicd08
Yea, but I'd expect that a girlfriend would hold the door open for me, given that I didn't have the opportunity to open it for her. Yea, I'll make an effort to get to the door first, but I don't expect her to slam it in my face if I don't. Likewise, I'll make an effort to text her, but that doesn't mean she can't text me. Why can't she initiate a conversation?

For every guy who thinks like you there's a guy who wants to be chivalrous and have a girl who acts "traditional".

leave the stupid girls to the stupid boys and get on with your life, is my advice

Not every girl thinks like that. I'm a FB addict and I've never even heard of that group.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
For every guy who thinks like you there's a guy who wants to be chivalrous and have a girl who acts "traditional".

leave the stupid girls to the stupid boys and get on with your life, is my advice

Not every girl thinks like that. I'm a FB addict and I've never even heard of that group.

I understand. I'm not exactly traditional and just get annoyed by many social norms and faux pas that we have. I'd rather be single than date a stupid girl, so I definitely have to agree with your advice. Not saying facebook is bad at all.. I'm on it every day, and it's just entertaining to see every "I hate __ " and "It annoys me when ___ " and every other group that makes people come across like completely assholes, douchebags (guys), bitches (girls), or morons. The sad thing is many groups have a strong sense of sarcasm, or a dry sense of humor associated with them. It just amazed me how many girls are dead serious on this ideal.

Quote by ShelbyLynn

Quote by HanPlaysBass
Quote by vicd08
I understand. I'm not exactly traditional and just get annoyed by many social norms and faux pas that we have. I'd rather be single than date a stupid girl, so I definitely have to agree with your advice. Not saying facebook is bad at all.. I'm on it every day, and it's just entertaining to see every "I hate __ " and "It annoys me when ___ " and every other group that makes people come across like completely assholes, douchebags (guys), bitches (girls), or morons. The sad thing is many groups have a strong sense of sarcasm, or a dry sense of humor associated with them. It just amazed me how many girls are dead serious on this ideal.

I notice a lot of people joining pretty racist groups too. I don't know if people get extra bravery on the internet or if they just think joining a fb group is a good outlet for their sexism/racism/whatever... I don't know..
Guess it's a good way to weed out the idiots then
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I notice a lot of people joining pretty racist groups too. I don't know if people get extra bravery on the internet or if they just think joining a fb group is a good outlet for their sexism/racism/whatever... I don't know..
Guess it's a good way to weed out the idiots then

They need to assemble someplace.
Quite frankly, my dear, I don't give a ****.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I honestly don't see why a guy should always have to text me first. I'm perfectly fine with 50/50.

However, I DO feel a bit clingy if I'm always the one to send the first text.

She dreams in color, she dreams in red.

Quote by josh999x
A guy put a dildo on his head and shouted look i'm a unicorn.

Quote by sg255
Patrick was so slang, but Squidward was a boob waffle.
I don't like taking all the iniciative. If I don't get any feedback from someone and I have to reach out to get some, it makes me feel uncomfortable. If a girl never texts me firts, she'll just have to accept I'm not doing it either
You know what? I text first sometimes, she texts first sometimes. I buy dinner, she buys dinner. I clean up the house, and she's down with giving me a BJ and making a topless grilled cheese for me afterwards. She cleans up the house, and I'm down with giving her a massage. It's all give and take. There's just always going to be people who try and force relationship stuff into a rigid set of things that have to be done in a certain way, and some people simply love that and build a relationship on it. Funny the way the mind works.