So, i want to get rid of my Vintage 30's in my 2x12, and im not entirely sure what to get.

Ive been tossing up between

G12T-75's -

I've heard a lot of mixed opinions on this speaker, mostly negative things. The thing that makes me change my mind is that people who's opinions i trust have said that it pairs quite well with the HT-5.

G12H30's -

Dont know too much about these speakers, but from what I've heard and read they seem to be very good.

Getting something entirely different -

I was thinking mabye something by Eminence, such as the Legend V128 speaker.

What I want from the speakers:

Great for Blues/Classic Rock. (RHCP, and ACDC tones mostly.)
Smooth highs. (The V30's are way to harsh)
A nice dark and smooth clean tone.

Price range is around the same price as these speakers.

Opinions on these speakers, or suggestions for other speakers to look into would be much appreciated.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Yeah, the HT-5 sounds great, just the V30 is too harsh and a bit more of a hard rock speaker, where I want Classic Rock.

I'm getting new pickups in a month of two (BareKnuckle Mules), so they will also improve my tone.

I've nearly got the sounds I'm looking for, and I feel that with the right speaker and pickups, it will be perfect for me.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
Last edited by DiizZ at Dec 8, 2009,
Go with the Eminence, they should be the best for blues. Very smooth and rich sound.

And if you like the Eminence V128's then you would also want to give the Legend 1258's a look. They're pretty common, mostly because they're good all around speakers. But they're great for that blues and classic rock sound your looking for.
Quote by COBHC1
I lol'd

First lol row
Quote by bloodtrocuted93
They will be twin boys named God and Satan and I will make them fight each other.

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/index.shtml
Quote by sg255
If I cross the street to get away from them, then it's a latino.
Last edited by FrankieHCO at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by FrankieHCO
Go with the Eminence, they should be the best for blues. Very smooth and rich sound.

And if you like the Eminence V128's then you would also want to give the Legend 1258's a look. They're pretty common, mostly because they're good all around speakers. But they're great for that blues and classic rock sound your looking for.

+1
I had a cab with original G12H30's, there really nice speakers, but they give a looooot of bass. There perfect for stoner rock and fuzzy tones, a friend of mine gets a nice classic rock tone out of them, but he has a pretty professional settup (something like a plexi + jcm800 + rack + floorboard).
Swap one of the V30s for a G12H30 and see how you get on with that. Keeping a single V30 should give you a fuller midrange than an 30W G12 alone, and will improve the power handling.
Grisky's got a thread dedicated to speakers...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1231356

He's quite helpful and knows quite a bit... so maybe he can share his opinions on your choices.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.