Hey guys, I have a HUGE HUGE question...

I recently became picky about my guitars. I am currently modding my first Fender (which now I call an "H-1 SHP") to have a SuperVee, scalloped frets and DiMarzio pick ups.

Now my next task on my to-do list is create the "H-2 YSP" guitar which has to be a HH Fender Stratocaster (because I actually concepted this model after one of my friends and her playing style on instruments and how I love her playing style and trying to replicate it). However, I noticed that this particular type of guitar is discontinued.

Here's some specs that I would like to have..
Neck - Fender Stratocaster (Maple, 9.5'' fret radius, 21 frets)
Body - Fender Stratocaster (Dark Red, alder)
Pick guard - Black - white - black, fitted with 2 humbuckers
Bridge - Standard issued

However, after looking around in the internet for so long, I decided to give up. I have a few options now.

1) Go to a Japanese Fender Custom Body shop to have one made there
2) Build my own guitar (my dad is here, and he's a highly skilled technician and is beastly at woodwork)
3) Look around on eBay or Craig's List for one.

Something that might help you guys answer is that I currently live in Japan, so I no longer have access to the custom body shop in my beloved Windy City...

Another question is if 3 is out of the question, what will be faster and more cheaper? 1 or 2? I know with 1, I can get everything professionally made and save myself from epicly failing the project. However with 2, I can personally design and constantly change what I like and don't like with the guitar.

Please help me!
Behind Last Place - Rhythm Guitarist
Yngwie Malmsteen Custom Fender - "Yusuke"
Hyunwoo Custom Fender - "SHP"
Takamine PT-406 - "Takamoto"

Current Project : Hyunwoo Custom Fender - "YSP"
I think you're better off buying a strat in the colour and woods you want, then just re-route under the pickguard to fit 2 humbuckers.

then buy a pickguard that's got 2 humbucker spaces.

thats probably the easiest way, and m,akes the most sense, really
most strats are routed for HSH anyway are they not? So you could ebay a used strat body and bolt it all together. If not, find a HSS on ebay and get your dad to re-rout it. They'll be tons of cool colours as well on ebay, probably standard or american series bodies.
Well, in that position i'd have to go with option 2. You can never go wrong with someone who is beastly at woodwork (more if he's so near you. Take advantage and learn for the future!)

You know, getting fender fender parts is a bit costly sometimes so IF you can get parts from warmoth they make it just like and/or better than fender, a bit costly but they are worth it, really worth it bro. If you have seen those custom fenders and you like them and can afford, then you could also go for it =]

Any of those is nice. just flip some coins and choose :s personally id go with 2.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by seanchief2112
most strats are routed for HSH anyway are they not? So you could ebay a used strat body and bolt it all together. If not, find a HSS on ebay and get your dad to re-rout it. They'll be tons of cool colours as well on ebay, probably standard or american series bodies.

Are there specific models that can be made to fit HSH that I should get?
Behind Last Place - Rhythm Guitarist
Yngwie Malmsteen Custom Fender - "Yusuke"
Hyunwoo Custom Fender - "SHP"
Takamine PT-406 - "Takamoto"

Current Project : Hyunwoo Custom Fender - "YSP"
You can get any model routed to HSH basically, either that or you can get one pool routed and not worry about that. When you choosing is all up to you, but if you get an HSS body its less work for the one whos routing it for HSH.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P