Awesome band! Thoughts? Opinions? Fantastic songwriter in my opinion. Went to one of his shows here in Halifax just this past week, pics to follow in just a moment.

Last edited by JohnnyV at Dec 8, 2009,
Man, I was at that show! haha

Matthew Good is a great songwriter. 'Vancouver' was a pretty good album, but not his best IMO.
Solo stuff > Band stuff
Although, they are both amazing.
Vancouver is an amazing album although I think only his fans would like it.
Hospital Music though is a masterpiece.
Well even though this thread was brought up by a... thing...

I'd like to add my love for Matthew Good.

'Blue skies over bad lands' is brilliant, but I don't have it on CD because the only thing I can find in shops is his compilation or his newer stuff
Seen him back when he was still with the band and seen him a number of times acoustic and on a solo tour. Amazing song writer. I am more of a fan of White Light Rock and Roll Review and Avalanche then Vancover. Champions of Nothing and Blue Skies over Bad Lands are brilliant.

'Blue skies over bad lands' is brilliant, but I don't have it on CD because the only thing I can find in shops is his compilation or his newer stuff

It's everywhere up here in Canada!

If you can find his live acoustic versions on some of his older songs and solo songs...they are brilliant. I have a tab of indestructible played acoustic. Here is a youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTVMH4NBwSk
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com