I just bought an amp and electric guitar. Im not sure how to set the EQ on the amp, as in the Treble, Mids, Bass, and Level. it also has 2 volume knobs, one of which i'm not sure what it is, maybe the foot switch? if any one can help and give suggestions, it would be much appreciated!

James Jones
Basically the EQ section cuts/boosts certain frequencies which you adjust depending on what kind of sound you're looking for. Are there any particular bands' sounds which you really like guitar wise? If so it can help suggest some settings to get you started.

As far as the 2 volume knobs, coulds be for seperate channels or post/pre gain dials. Pics would help with that one
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Yeah 2 volume knobs could be channel levels, or a master volume.

But bass is the low freq
Mids are what I sound or make it dry(think modern metal) obviously the middle of bass and treble
Treble Are your high frequencys
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
on my heartbreaker, i have 2 volumes for each channel and a single level knob. the one volume is a gain, the other is the channel volume and the level is like a volume for both channels
i'm looking for the sounds of limp bizkit(behind blue eyes), linkin park, metallica, and some country. basically a little bit of everything.

my internet will not allow me to post pics on here...i'm in iraq for the u.s. army...so yeah...but the layout of the amp is 33w, and from left to right:

input jack, gain, volume, distortion button, foot switch jack, volume, treble, middle, bass, level, headphones jack, power.

the amp is a "soundking" model SG200R, maybe there is something on the net about it.

also, above the knobs are:

Drive(gain, volume), CH/SEL(distortion button, footswitch jack), Clean(volume), Equalizer(treble, middle, bass), Reverb(Level), also from left to right
Last edited by jamesjones81 at Dec 8, 2009,
well i checked out the soundking website to be sure but it was kinda pointless. but from what ive seen so far, i think the other guy was right about it being your volumes for the different channels

EDIT: and about the eq, the easiest way ive found to get the settings i like is to start at the middle with all 3 and just change them a bit at a time till ive found something close to the sound i want. but for metallica, ive heard some people say scooping the mids a bit and adding some bass and treble will get you closer to their sound. youd also want a bit of gain on that.
Last edited by Spuds27 at Dec 8, 2009,
as far as the sound you're looking for, head for soething like this on the eq:

(all meaning get the dials pointig in that direction as if it were hands on a clock)
Bass: 3 o clock
Mids: 12 or 1 o clock
Treble/High: 3 o clock

that should give you the "scooped" sound most nu metal bands had and metallica made famous
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I set my amp Bass 4, mid 6 and treble 9 .....it has a nice thick sound...and i like it....if you crank up the drive... it sounds kinda like Satriani.... try it and maybe it will sound good to you
i play metallica stuff in

Bass: 10 o clock
Mids: 4 o clock
Treble/High: 2 o clock

but thats pruly because i have a marshall and love my mids.
Gear:
Guitars:
1. Epiphone Custom Shop Explorer Apparition
2. BC Rich Iron Bird 2003 LTD Spaceface
3. Gould KK Series LTD Reaper 600
4. BC Rich Warbeast WMD
5. Cort X6 Custom
6. Dradnaught Acoustic