In a word, terrible. The BOSS Monolith testing stations run a heap of pedals into a Micro Cube, and they sound absolutely horrid.
the only one i have is a ibanez weeping demon... it sounded like crap
P.S. this is what the alphabet would look like without the letters Q and R
modelling amps tend to not play well with pedals, especially drive/distortion pedals. Wah pedals are usually fine...what effects are you looking for that the cube doesn't already have?
Although I own a Peavey Vypyr, one of the guitarists I'm subscribed to on Youtube uses a Digitech Multi-FX with her (yes, it's a girl, but she mostly plays pop punk) Microcube and it sounds just fine to both her and me (btw her guitars are a Les Paul, SG Custom (both Epiphone) and a Schecter C1)
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by and3nlol
better dist

It is unlikely that you'll get a better sounding distortion tone from a pedal through a modeling amplifier.
Quote by and3nlol
better dist

Dunno bout the Micro Cube, but I tried my dirt pedal through a Cube 15, and it sounded like ass. I doubt the Micro Cube would work well at all with distortion pedal.
Depends on amp model, and the gain settings.

Surely you won't wanna run it through classic stack/rectifier at over half gain on the amp?!

JC Clean, black panel, brit combo should be fine. Classic stack, no more than 50 percent gain.

R-Fire, no gain/distortion pedals.
The JC Clean took pedals pretty well. Though it won't really give you tube like warmth since it's modelling an SS amp.

The Rectifier setting isn't like an amp model at all. It sounds kind of the same no matter what guitar or pickup you use with it. It's modelling a sound rather than an amp. The other models are a bit more like the amp.
Aren't you supposed to plug the pedal into the "aux in" input on the backside of the cube?
Quote by and3nlol
Aren't you supposed to plug the pedal into the "aux in" input on the backside of the cube?

No... why would you do that?
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
No... why would you do that?

Then what's aux input for? CD players / mp3 and stuff like that?
Quote by and3nlol

Yes. I do that all the time with my Vypyr.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Quote by and3nlol

yes.