hey all,
i love nat. harmonics and whammy bar screams but i got a problem, i cant seem to catch the 2 fret harmonic 3rd string

the same with this lick( it's from mouth for war)

n.h
---3---
---3---
--------
--------
--------
--------

can it have something to do with intonation (i don't know i'm just suggesting)
( i have floyd rose)
Gear:
Dean Cemetery Gates Razorback
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
D'addario strings, DR strings
Dunlop picks
I'm not sure I know what you mean: You can do the natural harmonics singly but not both at the same time?
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
I'm not sure I know what you mean: You can do the natural harmonics singly but not both at the same time?

no no not at all at the 2 and 3 fret, others are not a problem same with whammy screams
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks
Hmm, try the third fret G string, just move your finger across the string lightly and keep picking it until you hear a harmonic... Usually 3rd fret G string is very easy to get.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
If you can get them just a little bit, you could always use a bit of compression to make them loud enough
I hate my sig
I find that all the nat harmonics on the 2nd and 3rd fret are not like the rest. They are more like 2.3 or 3.4 instead of directly over the fret as it is with most.

And 2 harmonics on diff strings can be done at the same time. Gives a really strange sound though. Try high E and b string, 5th fret at same time with a whammy dip and you will hear what I mean.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Make sure to remove your finger from the string as soon as you pick. If you keep your finger on the string, you'll muffle the harmonic.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
I had the same problem trying to get that sound for a while till I got that its not directly over the fret. if you have a Floyd rose try messing around with pinches on open stings you can get sum cool souds from it.
i know how it all works but the 2 string is hard to do (can't do it all) but i'll give it a go this evening thnx all
Gear:
MXR Dime Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
ISP Decimator
EH LPB-1
Peavey 6505
Dunlop picks