Intro: skip if you want

I am an avid marijuana smoker, and one of the things I have realized over my years of substance "abuse" lmaoo is Black lights are trippy. I.e. Laser tag places, indoor mini golf, night clubs, glow bowling etc... all those places are trippy as hell when you're really stoned ahah.

Question:

I was thinking about how awesome it would be to have a guitar look perfectly normal under normal light conditions, but like paint it with UV paint so when a black light gets turned on it has like trippy designs and stuff on it. What would be the easiest ways to approach this, and what sort of materials do I need??

Ideas: skip if you want lol

I was thinking of either buying UV paint and just splashing it on randomly, to get like a paint splash effect, or I was also wondering if this would be possible as this would be easier. Are there any companies that would make decals/stickers that show up in black light, but are clear when in normal conditions??
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Last edited by John_was_here at Dec 8, 2009,
The link didn't work for me

Edit:

I googled the name clear neon, and came a cross a site selling the same product. THis stuff looks perfect and it's so much cheaper than I thought it would be. I am thinking however that instead of painting my entire guitar, I'm just gonna paint my pickguard in this.

My plans are to customize my squier strat I have lyring around. It's already a beautiful guitar I have customized, and it sounds not half bad. I'm planning on taking the original white plain jane pickguard, covering it in stickers first to give a punk kinda look with out ruining my beautiful blue finish on the squier. Anyways after covering the pickguard, I'm thinking of spraying it with a clear coat varnish just to ensure those stickers aren't going anywhere. Lastly I was thinking of painting a design on it myself with this UV paint., or just painting the entire thing. I'm not entirely sure of a design yet, I'm going for something trippy and cool to look at on stage, but not overly complicated as it is a squier.

Does anybody have any thoughts on my plans, or any other simple ideas that could be done with UV paint on a pickguard, or entire guitar.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

When the fuck did we get ice cream?
Last edited by John_was_here at Dec 8, 2009,
You might try some glow in the dark paint. The kind they sell at craft stores (not the colored stuff) dries fairly clear and isn't really visible until you expose it to black light or turn the lights off. I painted constellations and planets on my ceiling and walls with this stuff and you would have never known it was there until the lights were turned off. It was really bright when the black light was on. Oh and it's cheap, under $5 I think.
Quote by dustyboy316
Change that sig, **** thats annoying.

My Effector Mod