I have been playing guitar seriously for around a year and I also have been singing for a little longer. I have been learning every acoustic song that I have in my iPod for the last few months but I am running out of titles. I have been hopping around genres everything from acoustic Breaking Benjamin titles to Rise Against acoustics to Oasis songs. What next? I am intermediately experienced when it comes to chords and such. Any suggestions? Please only songs that have lyrics that have meaning and depth. Thanks for the Help!
look at the girl or sleeping sickness by city and colour pretty good lyrics
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton
Layla - Eric Clapton

rhythm part on both of them.

/thread
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Anything from Alice In Chains. They have alot of acoustic song on all their albums but you might want to start with MTV Unplugged. That's what got me into some unconventional acoustic playing, and LED ZEPPELIN of course. If you want a challenge and want to experiment with some open tunings.
ie: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, Tangerine, Over The Hills and Far Away
open tunings: The Rainsong, That's the Way, Friends, Going To California, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

Anything off Eric Clapton Unplugged is fun to play and sing also, as previously mentioned.
Last edited by JudgeDrey at Dec 8, 2009,
Neutral Milk Hotel - these songs were made for thrashing out on an acoustic! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCxEWPLDg5c just listen to the FURIOUS rhythm guitar at 1:15

I've been learning a lot of oldies lately too, which are really fun and always get a good reaction - What a Wonderful World, Bridge over Troubled Water, You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling etc.
Anything Jack Johnson, City and Colour, or Elliott Smith.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
thanks for the city of colour idea. really like them so far will check out everything else recommended! im making a list!

P.S. Cover vid for Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour to come!