I've been needing a new amp for months, but our local pawn shop has only bass amps. I was checking out musicians friend and came across this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-IV-75-75W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=620210

Anybody have any experience with this amp? I've never tried a modeling amp before, but I've heard some good stuff about Line 6 and the reviews on the site seem to be pretty positive.

Since I'm sure somebody will ask, I play hard rock, metal, metalcore, classic rock, blues, and a little country.
Setup:
Ibanez GRG170DX
- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion Pedal
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
whats your budget?
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
Get a Vypyr by Peavey. Seriously, i had a line 6 spider 3 and 4 and the difference when switching to a vypyr was well worth it. I have since sold both spiders.
Quote by charlescray
Get a Vypyr by Peavey. Seriously, i had a line 6 spider 3 and 4 and the difference when switching to a vypyr was well worth it. I have since sold both spiders.

I've got a Vypyr 30watt and it is bad ass go with it
Gear:

Westone: Thunder 2
BOSS: Heavy Metal HM-2
Marlin: HML 10L
Peavey: Vypyr 30
Quote by arthurt420
whats your budget?

Well, for the next few months, around $300. After I get my Jeep paid off I'll be able to bump it up to $500-$600.

Of course, by the time I get that kind of budget I'll be looking for a good used tube. Right now I'm looking for something with good sound at a good value that I can play around with. My old ass Peavy Rage 150 is falling apart and when I hook up my distortion pedal the sound gets all mucked up due to the input jack being FUBAR'd.
Setup:
Ibanez GRG170DX
- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
Wait 'til you have the $500-$600, that's a huge step up from $300 in terms of choice and quality. Do you do any gigging or jamming?
Quote by Shabadoo
Wait 'til you have the $500-$600, that's a huge step up from $300 in terms of choice and quality. Do you do any gigging or jamming?

Not really. Most anything I do outside of my own home is acoustic.
Setup:
Ibanez GRG170DX
- D'Addario 9s
Squier Stratocaster
- D'Addario 11s
Kona Cutaway Acoustic
- D'Addario 12s
Kona K35 Amp
If that's the case you could check out a Blackstar HT-5. I hear nothing but great things about these amps, people seem to love them. Though I've never tested one myself, but I've found the clips to be rather good.