Concidering this guitar. But I have a question.

Can anyone tell me why the "see-thru Black" is $949, and the "see-thru Blue" is only $699? That's a hell of a price difference, considering that black usually cost less.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

And what's weird, is the blue MH-1000 is pretty much a step up from the MH-401, with it having with a better floyd and a lot of abalone. The MH-401 is also $699, which makes it seem like a rip-off if the MH-1000, the supposedly better guitar, is also $699.
I'm sorry I cannot answer your question, but I would really like to know too!!
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
well, there isn't any difference in construction so they must not be selling well is the only thing i can think of. I would still get the blue 1000, great guitar, great looking.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
they look like they have the same hardware. maybe the wood is different or maybe the seller had an excess of blue ones?
A man, a woman, and a bad musician walk into a bar...

Lady GaGa orders a beer.
Quote by SPBY
well, there isn't any difference in construction so they must not be selling well is the only thing i can think of. I would still get the blue 1000, great guitar, great looking.

Yeah, there's no way I'd pay $250 more for a guitar I though didn't even look as good if it's the same exact guitar.

Maybe it's an excess, but every site I see is selling the blue one for $250 less.

Oh well... can anyone tell me how good of a guitar it is for $700? Is the trem reliable? Good higher fret access? Fast neck? etc etc.
Last edited by Ignite at Dec 8, 2009,
It's on sale that's why the blue one is only 699$ and it's a great price for that guitar IMO.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
I can't figure out why the blue is cheaper than the black but I can tell you that I've seen that, too.
I've been in a shop where the red EC-1000 was quite a lot cheaper than the black EC-1000. But the specs were the same. I think it's because of two things:

1. The blue is not as popular as the black one, and
2. I saw this message: "This item is currently on backorder and may not arrive in time for the holidays. You can continue to place your order here, or we'll be happy to suggest alternate products when you contact our experts at 800-391-8762" at the blue.
Quote by Ignite
Yeah, there's no way I'd pay $250 more for a guitar I though didn't even look as good if it's the same exact guitar.

Maybe it's an excess, but every site I see is selling the blue one for $250 less.

Oh well... can anyone tell me how good of a guitar it is for $700? Is the trem reliable? Good higher fret access? Fast neck? etc etc.

i have an H series and the necks are great, smooth and fast, great upper fret access (no problem playing the 24th), the trems are OFR's so they're gonna be extremely stable. I'd say nothing better for the price

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Ignite

It's one hell of a good guitar. Almost as good as its ESP "brother" (Horizon). It really is a good buy for the money, I think.

I've once played one in a shop for an hour or so. I made many dive bombs and the it didn't go out of tune. The fret access is very good, and a pretty fast neck. It amost felt like playing my beloved Esp SV Standard. (Except for the fret access. You can't really compare v-guitars and super strats in that way)
Last edited by Gumle at Dec 8, 2009,
The blue one is probably overstocked at ESP, they probably can't move them and have a shit pile of them, hence the discount to the sellers which means discount for you.
black is a lot more popular, so as long as their black guitars are selling, its price will remain higher. its like the stock markets.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by potatohead_33
Lord knows ESP needs more black guitars

Black and all of it's variations are always a great colour on guitars.

As for price difference it's been around for a while now who knows maybe they're being discontinued next year...
your paying more for just, elaborate trim and locking tuners
although im sure the quality control is higher on it as it's
the highest model made in the "LTD" factory
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab