Hi. I came up with a nice riff on my guitar, so i decided ill record it in guitar pro. however, when i try and play it on guitar pro, it gets like half way, and then stops. at the bottom, it also says "Bar exceeded". How do i get it, so i can listen to the whole thing?
You've probably messed up the timing.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Is this a demo version of Guitar Pro or do you have the real deal?
You've put too many notes in the bar...

Do you know nothing about sheet music?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
You've put too many notes into a bar. Look at your time signature, and see if the offending bar matches up or not.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You've put too many notes in the bar...

This is probably the case. I assumed you meant the program would only play X amount of measures before it stopped playing even if you had written more.

Follow the rules of notation for time signatures. Only 4 quarter-note lengths are to be fitted into 4/4, 3 quarter-note lengths are to be fitted into 3/4, etc...
tbh, no, i dont know much about sheet music. i know about note durations, but that's pretty much it. If anyone could tell me how much i can stick in a bar, lemme know lol
yeah, if you don't know much about time signatures and don't care to learn (although learning about them is really helpful) then just set it to something crazy like 32/4... that should be enough space for your riff.
aha! figured it out. those two 4's at the start of the sheet mean 4/4 time, dont they? yeah, its working now. much appreciated
Quote by JPJrunesJPJ
yeah, if you don't know much about time signatures and don't care to learn (although learning about them is really helpful) then just set it to something crazy like 32/4... that should be enough space for your riff.

or better yet 32/2
Quote by dragozan
aha! figured it out. those two 4's at the start of the sheet mean 4/4 time, dont they?

Correct.
Quote by dragozan
yeah, its working now. much appreciated

Quote by dragozan
tbh, no, i dont know much about sheet music. i know about note durations, but that's pretty much it. If anyone could tell me how much i can stick in a bar, lemme know lol

K. Lemme break it down. Look at this image 1st...

Airight...let's assume that at the beginning of your piece in GP5, it says "4/4" like this:

Now, basics are:

a. 1 Whole Note (aka W) is 1 bar.
b. 2 Half Notes (aka H) is 1 W.
c. 4 Quarter Notes (aka Q) is 1 W.
d. 8 Eighth Notes (aka E) is 1 W & 4 Q.
e. 16 Sixteenth Notes (aka S) is 1 W, 4 Q, & 8 E.
Put your notes in. (Just write out your riff for now, k?) Count them. How many are there? How fast are you playing them?

If you no clue what the difference in duration is (how long each note is held), watch this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL7iJirnD1o&feature=video_response. It goes through the note durations, etc. It's only 1min, 11sec long too. It is on piano, but this is good, since it allows you to hear the notes without distortion or effects muddling the mix.

When you know what each note is (an E, a Q, a S, a H, or a W), write in the time value above the notation. When you know all that, write the riff in GP5.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Dec 8, 2009,