Heya, how many of you know the secret to making your strings last forever ?

The only time I ever replace my strings is when they break.

Here's how my string lasted more than a year, save me tons of money.

1. Wipe after play, clean the sweat.
2. Wipe with baby oil to protect all 6 strings.
3. Once oxidation appears and strings not smooth, apply metal polish on a tissue, wipe only the unwound strings. Wipe up down, then clean it thoroughly with another tissue until no stains can be seen on the tissue.

4. Wipe with baby oil again to coat it, make it smooth again.
5. Play and repeat step 1.

Wound strings don't need much maintenance other than wiping down and adding some baby oil. Unwound strings will oxidize and rust but you can remove them.

My strings have been going on strong for 2 years now.

No sustain lost, still stable tuning. Stable intonation. Bright and clear, good as new.

Bad news is I nearly forgot how to change strings because it's been too long since I did them.
I like changing strings n such...sit back, have a brew and a toke, and just mellow out on some string changing!

Baby oil? Really?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
I like changing strings n such...sit back, have a brew and a toke, and just mellow out on some string changing!

Baby oil? Really?

Yes, I use johnson and johnson original baby oil, the one with the light pink cover/cap. It's mineral oil and makes playing more comfortable than fast fret, which is not as smooth.

You can get it for about a dollar or 2 per bottle, probably less than a dollar.

I use it on my fretboard too as yearly cleaning and rehydrating them dry boards.

My axe smell really like my babies now... cute. hahaha
Quote by ze monsta
Hate to be the doubting Thomas, but I am. Perhaps you don't play much, play hard, or get particularly sweaty when you play.

I play 1 hour a day. It's been over 365 days since the last string change.

No, I have no sweaty palms and I wash them before playing.