So on CL I found a line 6 vetta 2 combo for $550, at the moment i have a peavey bandit 112 and ive been looking for amps which are good for playing teh metalz, i didnt really want to go tube because tubes seem like a bother, but if i sell my bandit ill be able to buy this vetta
So is it worth it? Is it a good amp for metal?
No doubt. The Vetta 2 is a brilliant amp.

Though, it is no comparison to valve tone. If you want valve tone, get a valve amp.

Also, try not to be of the opinion that they are any more difficult to deal with than ss technology. In fact, ss amps are more likely to break down than tube amps. And when they do, they can be a hell of a lot harder to fix.
Quote by AngryGoldfish

Though, it is no comparison to valve tone. If you want valve tone, get a valve amp.

Also, try not to be of the opinion that they are any more difficult to deal with than ss technology. In fact, ss amps are more likely to break down than tube amps. And when they do, they can be a hell of a lot harder to fix.

The Vetta's got great modelling though, and the features and versatility more than make up for the "not exact valve tone" IMO.
Quote by AngryGoldfish

Yea thats true, I wouldn't know where to begin with a broken down SS amp but also the tube amps I was looking at (JCM 800, Mesas) seemed to cost a lot more, Ill jump on the vetta deal
DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Seriously, if only for the (actual) resale value ($1000+) if you happen not to like it (which I don't think you won't like it).
DO IT NAO! THEY COST 3 TIMES THAT NEW!

Seriously.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by michal23
The Vetta's got great modelling though, and the features and versatility more than make up for the "not exact valve tone" IMO.
Oh yeah, I agree with that. I just think if you want valve tone, get a valve amp.

For $550, you've got a great amp.
$550 is a smoking deal and I hate you for being able to get it.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...