When I used to tune to A, I'd use an 11 gauge set with a .60 for the low A. For B I just buy a 7 string set and lose the high E.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
wow so you really want to sound brutalz... a tuning is honestly the most ridiculous thing i've heard of, maybe you should play bass and make your bassist kick a blue whale on stage.

If you want that tuning though 11 and 12 probably won't be enough. I would say 13's at least
13s
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by strat0blaster
When I used to tune to A, I'd use an 11 gauge set with a .60 for the low A. For B I just buy a 7 string set and lose the high E.

I usually do the same on my drop B and baritone guitars. Right now, I have a bass string (can't remember what guage though) on my low B on my 7-string guitar just because i bought a bunch trying to figure out what gauge I liked on my Intrepid. You could always buy a set of strings that you like and just buy singles of different gauges for the low string and see what you like the best.
B standard I'd use 12's, so 12's for drop A.

If you want A standard, then i agree with the others, 13's are the way to go!
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Ok then maybe not ernie ball strings cuz the thickest are 012. Exept the baritones but the 6th string is pretty thick (072)
Last edited by In-Sane at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by firebird103
wow so you really want to sound brutalz... a tuning is honestly the most ridiculous thing i've heard of, maybe you should play bass and make your bassist kick a blue whale on stage.

^Better than you.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
.11 will be fine, I use .10's in A# tuning and dont have any floppness, non at all, cause I know how to set up for low tunings. But the heavier guage string you use in low tunings the better your lead will sound and the more bass you will have in your rythem.
Ok then how about g standard or g# (cannibal corpse), 014? And can i use 013 in drop b?
Last edited by In-Sane at Dec 9, 2009,
Personally, anything lower than D Standard I'd use 13s. I also use .11s for E standard though. Try out some different gauges to see what you like, but I'd go with .13s for sure, especially in A I think anything less would feel to floppy.