I'm kinda getting into psychedelic rock, but I'd like to know who are some good influences in that particular genre? Any albums to suggest besides early Smashing Pumpkins?
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
how about sludge/doom?

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

Sleep - Holy Mountain
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
some of mgmt stuff gets pretty psychedelic and their stuff is pretty enjoyable
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Check out Porcupine Tree. Voyage 34, The sky moves sideways, and Metanoia are some of their more psychedelic albums you might appreciate. They have strong influences from bands like King Crimson, Tangerine Dream, and Pink Floyd.
suprised the Jimi Hedrix Experience hasn't been said (suppose im bieng obvious), but yeah, Jefferson Airplane, is the Doors? The Rolling Stones have a few psychadelic records, maybe Tommy by the Who, some Yardbirds like Rodger The Engineer.
i think led zeppelin could be considered psychedelic especially physical graffiti, houses of the holy and IV, if your gonna look up psychedelic rock pink floyd is the way to go and I personally believe SGT. Peppers lonely hearts club band was one of the first psychedelic albums.
Zappa. The Mothers of Inventions Freak Out is considered one of the first psychedelic albums.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by soundgarden19
Zappa. The Mothers of Inventions Freak Out is considered one of the first psychedelic albums.

this

stark reality
soft machine
cream
'Music is the best"
Zappa
animal collective- merriweather post pavilion?
My band's one cover is in my profile!

Rig:

Charvel San Dimas Style 2 Pagan Gold
Traynor YCS50
Visual Sound H2O
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
Jane's Addiction if you liked the earlier Smashing Pumpkins.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
A Saucerful of Secrets - Pink Floyd

..Yeah, that's all I got.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Quote by ohhey9040
Check out Their Satanic Majesties Second Request by The Brian Jonestown Massacre

Seconded. But listen to all of The Brian Jonestown Massacre, because they have a ton of good stuff.
I would recommend any form of post rock

I agree with MANY albums in this thread, Merriweather Is wonderful!
Quote by katphish
I would recommend any form of post rock

I agree with MANY albums in this thread, Merriweather Is wonderful!

Post-rock isn't really psychadelic...Shoegazing, to some extent I suppose...
Quote by toyboxmonster
Post-rock isn't really psychadelic...Shoegazing, to some extent I suppose...

I'd consider To Here Knows When to be psychadelic.

Quote by denizenz

I just associate them with each other because they aren't just songs, they are like little experiences that you go through as you listen.

Maserati are a sweet post rock band with some psychedelic influence.
Any early Pink Floyd (Arnold Layne, See Emily Play, Piper at the Gates of Dawn) or the Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts etc., eztc., or their Magical Mystery Tour album.
I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway.
-Syd Barret

Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club, PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join
Yeah, piper at the gates of dawn is one of my favourite album!!! It's defintely psychedelic!!!
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

RHCP

LED ZEP

HENDRIX

Hail SYD BARRETT
Sorry for the huge bump, but can someone recommend me some old psych bands similar to Frijid Pink, Blue Cheer, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, etc.?

If you want an absolutely mental psychedeilc journey I suggest the Electric Ladyland album by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Someone has probably said it, I'm not going through the thread and looking,
but...

the Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium.
Quote by Xeus

haha, I came in here to say that!

also:

Pure Reason Revolution - their first album is pretty trippy
Funkadelic - these guys pretty much lived off LSD back in the day. Check out "Maggot Brain" - one of the greatest guitar solos ever!
Black Mountain - psychedelic prog
Mountains In the Sky - the best psychedelic electronica EVER.