Well i recently bought a warwick double buck in the past month. I know it is made of special woods and stuff so i was wondering what cleaner can i use on it to clean it and the fretboard and what not to use. I was gonna get a cleaning kit i saw at guitarcenter to clean it with but didnt know if it was safe to use on it. And also i was reading in the owners manual that i was suppose to get a special bees wax to put on it. What does the bees wax do and should i still get it?
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
You should've had a care kit come with the bass when you purchased it.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
You can buy Warwick wax from the Warwick site or Ebay.

I bought my Warwick second hand about 2 years ago and havn't bothered to wax it (mainly because the guy who sold me it had used all the wax), it hasn't made much difference to be honest. There's a small light patch where I rest my thumb, but it really isn't noticeable unless you're looking. For the fretboard I use Dunlop 65 Lemon Oil whenever I change strings. I'm not a massive clean freak when it comes to my bass though.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by faultyy
You can buy Warwick wax from the Warwick site or Ebay.

I bought my Warwick second hand about 2 years ago and havn't bothered to wax it (mainly because the guy who sold me it had used all the wax), it hasn't made much difference to be honest. There's a small light patch where I rest my thumb, but it really isn't noticeable unless you're looking. For the fretboard I use Dunlop 65 Lemon Oil whenever I change strings. I'm not a massive clean freak when it comes to my bass though.

My thumb point is really noticeable... f*cking bubinga and natural oil finish...

TS, the Warwick website has a pdf of the "bass bible" (Warwick manual to the uninitiated) on their website. Depending on the finish, there are different ways to take care of the bass, and is alldescribed in that tome. For example, natural oil finishes require wax treatment, whilst coloured oil finishes require no treatment.
Quote by fleajr_1412
You should've had a care kit come with the bass when you purchased it.

didnt get 1 and the guy a guitar center told me nothing about waxing it
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by The1bassist06

It should have been in the bag that also comes with the bass... or the bass comes in, whichever way you want to look at it (I'm hopeing they at least gave you that) I'd definately go back and demand it if you didn't get one, as there is also a truss rod tool in there which may come in handy one day.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
My thumb point is really noticeable... f*cking bubinga and natural oil finish...

Just stop washing your playing hand, then lightening effect of the thumb sweat will be covered over by a nice layer of dark coloured filth
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by The1bassist06

Warwick basses are supposed to come with a gig bag and a maintenance kit (hex-keys, bee's wax, rags, manual, etc.). You should go back and ask what's up.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Does a warwick double buck also have a oil finish?
Quote by Damaged Roses

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble