I have tried anything and everything to fix this buzzing on my guitar. The guitar is a Jackson RR3 and has a Floyd Rose tremelo. I have tried it on multiple amps and tried different tunnings. The low E string no matter where i play has a really deep strange buzz on it. It almost sounds if it were tunned to D it sounds that deep. I have .9 gauge strings and have had this guitar for about 2 years now. I have changed the strange about 2 weeks ago and it would seem no matter what I do i cannot stop this buzzing.
Yeah i doubt it's that it's lined up with the body. it's parrell. Maybe something is wrong on the bridge though that's a possibility.
Is the neck bowed? Did you try raising the action on the guitar because my rhoads needed the action adjusted when i got it.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
Nope didn't work. used allen key and lowered it to where it would have fret buzz on all strings. Highered it a bit so there was no fret buzz. And it was still there on the same low E string all by itself. Then i tried the highest point on the action and it still had a deep buzz from the E almost sounding like a Bass guitar. Maybe its my pickup is messed up? but then why would only be one string?
Last edited by Hendrix7000 at Dec 8, 2009,
Maybe cause a pickup has 6 magnets in it. One for each string? and the upper magnet is disfunctioning. Im just thinking with ya, I'm nog a good guitar technique guide
Is it only there when you play the guitar acoustic(Not plugged in), or is it there when you play through an amp to?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I can't really hear it acoustically it sounds normal. But when i plug it in the guitar constantly has that sound. whenever the low E is played.
Quote by guusw
Maybe cause a pickup has 6 magnets in it. One for each string? and the upper magnet is disfunctioning. Im just thinking with ya, I'm nog a good guitar technique guide

No, there is just one big magnet underneath, but it definetly sounds like a pickup problem. I have no earthly idea why it would be just the low E string, but it might have to do with the wiring going bad or something along those lines too. Maybe even a bad pot. Have you opened the back too see if the wiring was okay? Also, has the guitar sustained any recent beatings of any kind? or any contact with liquids? Is it just when you play the Low E open, or does it buzz when fretted all the way up the neck too? doesn it do it when any other string is fretted anywhere?
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Dec 9, 2009,
Only on the low E for every other string it's fine. everywhere on the fret board is fine. But the low E everywhere has that darkened and buzzing sound.
How low is the action? Is the neck straight?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
is the guitar intonated properly?

have you plucked the string then touched parts on the guitar?
like the saddle or the nut, to find a possible loose part, moving on the low note?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah i have tried that i have even taken the saddle off and checked it. There are no loose parts. It makes the noise when the it is even completely locked in tight. The neck is straight. and i brought the action all the way to its highest point yet it still has this odd sound. Then moved it down a little bit and the this noise remains :X
you know one time i had a washer at the headstock vibrating on low E.
and another time it was the truss rod nut, under the cover, that was vibrating.

i'm just suggesting that if it's not the saddle, that you keep looking.

touch parts in the trem cavity and headstock too.

find out for sure if something is loose.

unplug, strum and tuch, and try it acoustically too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah it sounds for everything I do lol. I've been at it for hours lol. I do think what you said is right because it sounds it acoustically because it makes a denser vibration with a ring to it than my other guitars don't do. So far the washer was loose and i tightened it- did nothing. and tightened everything i could find. Honestly i have no idea what it is making this sound. I just tightened the Truss rod to its tightest put the cover back on and it still has the sound.... lol.
Last edited by Hendrix7000 at Dec 14, 2009,
well no! dont tighten the rod. that will change how the guitar plays.

i just meant sometimes it'll make noise under there.

listen. shake the guitar. listen for noise.
play it unplugged. you havent found the loose item yet.
it might be in the back trem cavity.

just, dont adjust anything else. you're only strumming and touching parts here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Lol ok well i guess i will try and see what is making the noise some more. I wish it was blatantly obvious like a screw loose lol.