so i hit a couple music shops today and tried out some stuff. Figured you guys might be bored and want something to kill some time, so here goes nothing!

AMPS

Fender Twin Reverb

wow. amazing clean tone. i was playing a mim ash tele and it was just perfect. the tone was thick and rich and...i wanna say bold. just every note rung out in a really cool way. i was playing your hand in mine by explosions in the sky and i almost jizzed
the reverb was nice, but at high settings got reeeaaally springy. i guess thats cool, but not my thing.

Mesa lonestar

i love this amp. ive played it a few times before and its probably my favorite clean amp. its got a really unique character. It has a lot of the characteristics of the fender, but not quite as bold or thick. although, i couldnt turn it up that loud and im sure itd be a bit thicker louder. the overdrive is great as well. reminds me of the mark 1 setting on the mark 5. with a boost it could do some types of metal i think. maybe some pelican-style stuff. the reverb was also very pleasant, but the knobs being on the back annoyed me lol.

Mesa electra dyne

I turned it on and it started making these weird crackling noises the guy at the shop said it needs to be retubed. i was disappointed...

mesa mark V

oh my gosh. so intimidating... there were so many knobs and switches i didnt know where to begin. the footswitch helped make everything a little organized. the clean tone was great. almost as good as the lonestar even. the mark 1 channel was great for zz top-esque tones and singing leads. i really liked that channel. after about 10 minutes of tweaking, i got some usable tones out of the 3rd channel. it was really tight and good for articulate riffing. also very thick. i got a really heavy tone, but it wasnt really saturated. very cool. i was playing through a mesa traditional cab, which added to the tightness.

GUITARS

fender mim ash tele

this guitar felt great. i really want one. the neck played very easily and it had a very clear tone. the ash looked great as well.

prs se custom 22

this guitar saw the most action today. i liked it a lot. i really liked the neck. it was wide, but not too chunky. very smooth to play and made runs and sweeps very easy. it had very thin strings on it though, so with something thicker i bet it would play even better.

prs se paul allender

im not a cradle of filth fan, but this guitar was beautiful. the purple looks very nice, and is very subtle. not like in the pictures ive seen of it. the tremolo stayed in tune very well and just like the custom, it played really smooth.

squier strat

not sure of the model, but it looked great so i had to try it out. it had a sunburst finish and duncan design pickups. for a squier, it wasnt too bad. ive played better. the edges of the frets and neck were pretty sharp though. my friend felt it and said, "what is this, a gibson?

So yeah that was about it for today. post your thoughts, questions, personal experiences with the above amps, your own gear spams, etc.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Dec 8, 2009,
Great review!

I love the Twin and the Lonestar. Too bad about the Electra-dyne that is one amp I would have liked to hear your review on. Bad tubes......sheese. Cool that you got to play a Mark V too.

sorry, didn't read the guitar reviews

Thanks non-the-less.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Great review!

I love the Twin and the Lonestar. Too bad about the Electra-dyne that is one amp I would have liked to hear your review on. Bad tubes......sheese. Cool that you got to play a Mark V too.

sorry, didn't read the guitar reviews

Thanks non-the-less.

The Electra Dyne is awesome. I think you'd like it. It's got a much more faithful hot rodded Marshall type tone than the Stiletto but it can also get some damn nice cleans.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You need the manual to really make sense of all the knobs and twiddly things the Mark V.

Nice review. Moar details would have been nice.

BTW how responsive was the Electra Dyne... the ads make it sound like its the last word in responsiveness among Mesa's amps.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.