Ok so if you read my last thread in this forum, you would know I was asking about reaper and audacity. I havent quite figured out reaper yet so, impatient as I was at the time, I moved on to audacity. I immediately came across some problems I couldn't figure out:

1. When I plugged my mic, I hit record and said some stuff into it, amplified it, and played it back to me. All I got was like static

2. Somehow I figured out how to fix the above, and started recording some stuff. I was like "YES!" and then it happened... About 3 or 4 seconds into it my guitar riff had this phaser like effect put into it automatically, and I DEFINANTLY didn't want or put it there. Checking my history it proved this.

3. The next day when I got up, I was back to square one! Or rather, step 1, as indicated above... So now I'm lost again.

So I need someones help with these problems. I'm thinking that it is my microphone possibly but am not sure. Please help ASAP!!!

The way I'm recording is with an adapter so I plug my mic into the adapter, and the adapter into the back of my computer. Check my amp below vvvvvvvvvvvv
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
My first guitar (some crap ibanez? Dad never told me what model...)
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

Really want Mick Thomson's Signature Ibanez MTM1...
Last edited by Fezza_ at Dec 8, 2009,
Are you using one of those cheap Mic to USB connectors that every store has for $30 or whatever? Most of those are junk which is probably half the reason it sounds this way.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
No I'm not, im using this adapter thing my dad got for me. Its like a size adapter or something?? It goes from the computer mic input and the other side is made for inputs like guitar leads; which is where I put in my mic. Can you see anyway this might have caused this problem of mine??
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

Oohh, thats even worse IMO. I blew the mic input on my PC that way from too much gain from the guitar. You may have done the same from the sound of it.
I'm not sure I have done that now because I tried just saying stuff into the mic on my reaper demo and it sounds alright I have yet to test my guitar
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

try turning down the mic input volume in the PC, it may be that the guitar is too loud causing static.
hmm i tried that it didnt change anything >.<

I'm starting to lean towards your other theory of me wrecking my mic input
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal

No, Audacity just sucks in general, and Reaper is not a demo, it is fully functional, you just can't use it to make money, then you get sued to wazoo.

Audacity is basicly a tape recorder, it just records sounds. Reaper is a DAW which is a mixing interface that can be used to make complete songs professionaly.

I used a USB mic for a long time, and it sounded like crap, but didnt phase, thats a problem with input, usually clipping, or if its a noise cancelling voice mic, like the one that comes on most laptops now. So stop using Audacity and use Reaper. You'll save yourself alot of pain and trouble.
I have tried reaper and the same problem occurs About 4 seconds into the recording it goes into this weird effect thing. I think I might have done something to my computer >.<
---Gear---

BC Rich Virgo
Peavey Vypyr 75 Watt
Marshall MG 15 Watt
Boss DS-1 Pedal