i was just doing a bit of research for a decent bass for me to help backup for my j bass, and i saw an image of an les paul special bass on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=300374997609

the neck looks really thin, the type of neck im after is jazz bass shape as i favour that to my p bass. has the les paul got a slimmer neck than a p bass?

these les paul standards are really quite pretty, considering les paul guitars arent really my thing. to overatted in my opinion any way..

has any one owned / own this bass and can tell me waht it compares too please
analouge effects FTW!!

If you think Kurt Cobain was murdered put this in your sig.
Neck wise,yes its slimmer than a Pbass.

Here's my criticism. One, the sound is nothing special for the price and as with most Epis, there are QA issues that usually need to be addressed. The weight distribution is odd (some neck dive) and its heavy for its size. Again, its Gibson's poor design in taking a wonderful guitar concept and trying to move it straight into bass by lengthening the scale and removing a few strings. I'd take a Precision any day of the year over an Epi Les Paul
I played one for a year or so. if you plan on gigging go with something lighter......its way to heavy to have over your shoulder for an extended period of time....at least it was for me. I also found the pickups to be muddy. I switched from it to a pbass and am very glad i did.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
HMM.... i think i need to test one, coz id rather get a t bird to a p bass. i really am not find of the p bass neck and thats my only issue and worry is the neck really, il find differnt electrics and stuff if i get one. thanks
analouge effects FTW!!

^ The les paul basses have some problems, but the T-birds problems far overshadow the LP's. Tbh, its generally best to just avoid Epiphone. If you like slim necks, might I recommend checking out Ibanez? Versatile, comfortable, and in every price bracket.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
If you want a slim neck, why not go with the classic Fender jazz? Or Schecter.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
i got a jazz i want to try some other brands thats all.
analouge effects FTW!!

what models by ibanez have slim necks? ive tried a jet king before, theta was okay.
analouge effects FTW!!

Quote by jammy827
what models by ibanez have slim necks? ive tried a jet king before, theta was okay.

The SR models have the thinnest neck I've ever played.