Ok, joined a cover band recently awesome we click well and play good together the only thing is they were already established and I have to catch up with them, here's some of the songs we have to play
-stacy's mom
Scotty doesnt know
that's pretty much it 2 songs they did learn for me was Island in the sun, and about a girl which is good but I hope we dont fall into generic 90's one hit wonder's
cover bands need to focus on what songs are popular and that people want to hear, not what you think is "good"
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
What you like is obviously better than what they like. Prove it to them.
Want something that looks like spam but is actually legit?! Well I have the thing for you. Nah dude, I actually get legit MS points from this and do like 2 surveys and you can get about 400.

http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=EmoSlayer
I wouldn't waste time on a cover band, honestly.

I mean, just for fun/practice then yeah but don't devote all of your time to it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
write your own music. its the only way.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
=1^
also, show them the music you like and take turns picking songs or something idk
dude, wtf?
Yep yep and yep.
Just be glad to get some band experience, even if the songs are pants and piss-easy.
If not, just look elsewhere.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
stacy's mom
has got it going on
shes all i want
and ive waited so long
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
what my band did was each person in the band picked 4 songs to play, either a cover or original. then we plan on learning all of the songs and seeing what ones sound the best
1: How old are you? (Serious question, I'm not trying to pick on you)
2: Are you making money?
3: How long were they established before you joined?

If you're making money - suck it up. If you're under age 18ish (or maybe older, even) you'll see it as selling out. Once you have financial responsibilities - you'll see it as surviving. Living. The fact that they were established before you joined leaves you with very little bargaining room. They have a ton of seniority over you - after all, you joined their band, not the other way around.

It's something to think about. Cover bands aren't about "sticking to what's true" or "finding integrity in music" - they're about making money and trying to have fun in the process. If that's not for you, neither is the band.
well, coming from a guy whos been in a cover band before, you and your band cant pick the songs because even if they are split up evenly between bandmembers the crowd doesnt have much say about your setlist. go look up a list of popular songs from the genre you want to play to get you started and while you are playing pay attention to what the crowd is requesting and learn those songs.
Going off of what jdrier21 was kind of saying: I don't know how serious or established you guys are so this may not work for you, but there's a cover band here at my school and on thier site they have a section specifically for fans to request songs for them to learn. And I have seen them perform most of those requested songs...just a thought.
Quote by Century
stacy's mom
has got it going on
shes all i want
and ive waited so long

**** yeah.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.