im trying to learn living on a prayer and i dont know what they mean, could anyone explain what they are.
tied notes are like when two notes are tied together; for example, if you saw a quarter note tied to a quarter note, you'd hold that note for two beats. If you saw an eighth note and a quarter note, you'd hold it out for one and a half beats.

Grace Notes are interesting; You start out playing the grace note that's written there, but you quickly move to the written note (the one that's note a grace note). My band director says it sounds like you purposely start out on a different note and then quickly play the one that's written there instead.

Hope that helps; correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Quote by clayonfire
tied notes are like when two notes are tied together; for example, if you saw a quarter note tied to a quarter note, you'd hold that note for two beats. If you saw an eighth note and a quarter note, you'd hold it out for one and a half beats.

Grace Notes are interesting; You start out playing the grace note that's written there, but you quickly move to the written note (the one that's note a grace note). My band director says it sounds like you purposely start out on a different note and then quickly play the one that's written there instead.

Hope that helps; correct me if i'm wrong.

no, thats just about right

AND FINALLY ANOTHER JAMES TAYLOR FAN!
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape