Quote by ShallowEndings
You might need to save up a bit more.. Wireless systems are something you can't go cheap on if your depending on them.

Is this just for bedroom play or at shows?

Well.... I NEED it fror shows but I don't need it for my room.
No you don't need it for shows unless you're playing arenas. Get a 25 foot Monster Cable and tell it thanks for saving your tone.

Be right back. Let me get a post from another thread that I posted.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by hippyheaven1
there are plenty of reasons to get wireless, cheifly, the main one being (in this case) that the TS WANTS ONE... thats good enough reason for me... lol

TS did not ask "is wireless any good?" and he certainly didnt ask you to tell him that there is no good reason for him to get one. Who are you to make decisions about whether or not TS has or has not got a good reason to get a wireless system??

my wireless system comes into its own when i play small cramped stages where wire tangling is an issue. Yes wireless will sound different to a cable... will the audience notice the sound difference? certainly not!!!

There's no reason to get a wireless system unless you're playing massive shows, because, you can always get a better cable that will protect your tone a lot more then getting a cheap ass wireless system.

Cheap wireless systems suck your tone worse then cheap pedals.

If your serious about it, invest in something proper.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/AudioTechnica-ATW701-700-Series-UHF-Guitar-Wireless-System?sku=275121

Slash uses this.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-ew-572-G3-Pro-Inst-Wireless-Sys?sku=620157

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Samson Airline77. No tone sucking, awesome range, and a moderate price.

Check em out for sure!

For every wire you add, for every pedal you add, your tone will always diminish. Always. Unless you have a buffer, and even then....

Wireless setups have a bigger problem with that because they are sending frequencies, and even if they are protected frequencies, other electronics can interfere ever so slightly with the sound. That's why those thousand dollar set ups have all this protection because it tries to shield your tone as much as possible, and also tries to preserve it being transmitted via frequency.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society