I'm looking for a new guitar that I could get some good single-coil-y cleans out of (whether they're from actual single coils or coil splits), and I've tried the C-1 semihollow and the Highway 1 and they both seem great. I'd be interested in swapping the bridge pickup in either to get some heavier sounds too.

Also, what are some other similar guitars in that price range ($700 or less)? My one big restriction here is that I don't want something with the type of neck that attracts assloads of grime like a lot of Gibson/Epiphone necks.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Last edited by Uranutan at Dec 20, 2009,
Highway One. all the way mate

When you coil split it isnt a complete single coil tone.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by benx3000
Maybe a tele?

I definitely want a bridge humbucker and I don't have the money to have a tech mod a Tele to put one in. Unless there's a HSS Tele in my price range, but I can't find one.
Quote by Spitz13
Bro I just got done with a tasty jam session on my highway one hss. Its phenomenal and I highly recommend it. I only play blues and jam band stuff, but it seems like its able to handle all genres well. Overall its a well built guitar and when its in your hands you really feel the groove and are inspired to wail. You'll dig it. Trust me
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
The Schecter is actually a C-1 Semihollow, which is apparently a pretty rare, discontinued guitar. Feels great to play but the sound is nothing special, though according to reviews that could be attributed to the pickups. Any other suggestions?
Quote by Spitz13
When it comes to heavy distortion, I'm thinking like Tool at the heaviest. Which is pretty heavy, but not uberdeathcorebrootalz.
Quote by Spitz13