I'm going to get a fender telecaster and replace the bridge pup with the telecaster version of the hot rails inthe bridge. The only problem is that I have heard that when you switch from the bridge to the stock neck pickup there is a huge volume decrease. Is this true? If so can you suggest any other pickup options for me? I'm going to be playing all kinds of metal and I like to use the neck pickup for silos. I also need a good clean sound. Thanks
Blue Red Yellow Green
Lower the pickup height to lower the sudden volume outburst...

However, on most guitars, that will tend to be the case. There's always a slight volume dip or boost as you switch from one pickup position to another. Unless you get the pickups nicely calibrated and use the heights to fully even it out.

Its not really such a concern really. Just get the pickup you want for a voicing you want... then use the pickup height to adjust the overall sound so it's roughly equal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Lower the pickup height to lower the sudden volume outburst...

However, on most guitars, that will tend to be the case. There's always a slight volume dip or boost as you switch from one pickup position to another. Unless you get the pickups nicely calibrated and use the heights to fully even it out.

Its not really such a concern really. Just get the pickup you want for a voicing you want... then use the pickup height to adjust the overall sound so it's roughly equal.

All right man thanks. You helped a bunch!
Blue Red Yellow Green