Whats your preference and why? Honestly i've never played through a ML-2 Metal Core but ive heard some good things about it. And also i dont know which one is better for what i play (Winds of Plague/Suicide Silene type of metal) and easier to get a nice tone out of

So lets get to talkin'? Which ones your favorite?
i like both of them so much, its by far THE MOST uselessly brutal gain out there. i mean, when i need to bring the bees (which is often) i definitely run both of the badbois in succession. they sound SUPERB through my marshall mg 10w's clean channel.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Forkman
It's like the Alien vs Predator tagline. Whoever wins, we lose.

in fact, the metal zone and co. are kinda like that movie, they both fail horribly.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
i like both of them so much, its by far THE MOST uselessly brutal gain out there. i mean, when i need to bring the bees (which is often) i definitely run both of the badbois in succession. they sound SUPERB through my marshall mg 10w's clean channel.

Oh yeah, I have the EXACT same rig, do you use a B.C. Rich Masterpiece like I do?!?! It's soooooooo hardcorebr00tzal, like when I'm playing slipknaught, it soooo awesome and fizzy, I scoop everything so it sounds like a trash truck. I go one step further, and run both on the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE channel though.

(If he doesnt catch that......)
Last edited by CaptinSpalldin at Dec 8, 2009,
They both suck (in case you didn't get the sarcasm earlier )
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Yeah i caught it... I have never used any pedals but heard alot from these so decided to get opinions but obviously alot of people cant just come out and say nah their not good. they have to use sarcasm.
Quote by rgenz93
Yeah i caught it... I have never used any pedals but heard alot from these so decided to get opinions but obviously alot of people cant just come out and say nah their not good. they have to use sarcasm.

But yeah they suck pretty bad. For about 100 you could find a Maxon OD808, which are great, so if your willing to shell out the extra like 10 bucks I'd go with that if I were you.
Quote by Forkman
It's like the Alien vs Predator tagline. Whoever wins, we lose.

Seriously though, you can get much better pedals in the price range. Check out the Modtone Extreme Metal and the Digitech HardWire TL-2. Both under $100, both sound fantastic.
Quote by CaptinSpalldin

But yeah they suck pretty bad. For about 100 you could find a Maxon OD808, which are great, so if your willing to shell out the extra like 10 bucks I'd go with that if I were you.

... an OD pedal is no good for a guy looking for Metal Tonez.

Get a modded MT-2, Dirty Bomb, or Sub Decay Blackstar.
I would upgrade your amp before I bought a new distortion pedal.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ