The Special II is, I believe, their cheapest electric. Anything should be a step up.

I'd save some cash, and buy a good guitar though. It costs a lot more money to trade in and slightly upgrade every year than it does to save for two or three years and just buy an awesome guitar when you have the cash.
yea it is an upgrade. they make pretty good instruments at such a low price. though you can get a much better model if u were to save up an extra hundred.

f*** yea another left handed person!!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Id say go for it but if you can I would suggest saving up and buying an Agile instead. Check the reviews under SX there might be one of this guitar.
Many rave about agile guitars. It is a set neck vs a bolt neck. And the epi special isnt a very good guitar wouldnt take much to be an upgrade. The EMG select pickups are pretty bad tho, some GFS pickups would fix it up tho on a budget. Being a lefty I know there usually isnt a whole lot of choice when it comes to guitars.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Dec 8, 2009,
As UG's official Agile Fanboy, I say, while it is an upgrade, I would save a little more and go for: http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000hsbflmleft.html
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.