I know, at first you will say "Who the hell is American Football", but I think they are a hugely under-rated and under-represented band. But for those who give it an attentive listen, I think you will find its quite amazing, emotional and moving. The band was a short lived math-rock effort by Mike Kinsella who put out only one album and broke up shortly thereafter. Having listen to it many times, I have to admit, it still moves me very much and I conceed in my humble opinion that I believe that American Football is the best one album band in the last 15 years or so. One of my favourite characteristics of this whole album, other than their amazing sound, is that they use only about 2 rhymes throughout the all their lyrics. I thought that was really cool that they didnt restrict their sense of lyrical expression to words that fit together in a clever rhyming fashion! Hope you who havent checked them out yet do so, and those who already love them, I'd love to hear from you!
An American Football thread already exists in the emo forum but I concur, they are amazing
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
They were amazing. Both the album and the EP are great.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
really beautiful album. that goes for everything about it, from the words to the guitar work to the album art.

plus, they are significantly better than Owen.
Wow, might check these out again, big love for them here it seems.

Still haven't properly got into Cap'n Jazz though...
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
^American Football are way more mellow than Cap'n Jazz
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
i prefer joan of arc to all the other music the kinsella's have had. although american football is an amazing band and cap n jazz still blows my mind.

a really great album.