Right, a place near me is doing a BotB type thingy. I really want to enter as I have a really good piece to play on my bass.

One problem: I'd have to do it solo. My band is currently on hiatus and there's no way I could teach another set of musicians the piece I want to play in time.

Is entering a competition solo like this a good idea? Or is it too much for a solo musician?

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
I wouldn't do it for a Battle of the Bands... it kind of states its purpose in the title of the competition.

Besides that logistical problem, you'd be competing with an entire band and unless you had some way of mimicking the sound you'd be up there sounding pretty empty. You'd have to really blow them away. Personally I don't see a solo musician on stage alone with a bass being able to compete with an entire band.

Open mics are totally different.
Depends on the piece.

But I've noticed you've mentioned (Just once or twice :rolleyes you play lots of instruments. Make yourself a backing track.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Inimical
I wouldn't do it for a Battle of the Bands... it kind of states its purpose in the title of the competition.

Besides that logistical problem, you'd be competing with an entire band and unless you had some way of mimicking the sound you'd be up there sounding pretty empty. You'd have to really blow them away. Personally I don't see a solo musician on stage alone with a bass being able to compete with an entire band.

Open mics are totally different.

I should point out that there is nothing in the contest rules of this thing I want to enter which states that I CAN'T play solo.

AND I can easily programme my keyboard to play some sort of guitar-type backing.
Quote by Venice King
Depends on the piece.

But I've noticed you've mentioned (Just once or twice :rolleyes you play lots of instruments. Make yourself a backing track.

BotB competitions usually don't allow pre-recorded music
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I can easily programme my keyboard to play some sort of guitar-type backing.

On topic, do it if you feel you can
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MLilienthal
BotB competitions usually don't allow pre-recorded music

But I COULD do a Geddy Lee and use pedals.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
But I COULD do a Geddy Lee and use pedals.

Then do it. Duh.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.