What would be the best way to do this?
I know there's that line 6 pod thinger. If anyone has one... How do ya like it?
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
I have a Line 6 TonePort GX. It's really good, does the job.

I feed my guitar through the GX, through the POD Farm software to Audacity.
Quite easy. Takes a while to tinker with the POD Farm software to find a tone you really like.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
thanks matt im bidding on one now
I sure could use a vacation from this bullshit three-ring circus sideshow world.

Ibanez RG2 EX1 (Black)
Line 6 Spider II 75w
Sekova Mandolin
Team Custom Traditional 4 string bass
Yamaha E403 keyboard
My Last.fm
Myspace
Well there are mainly two ways to record.

Line in:

This is usually done through things like a Line 6 POD, or other Line 6 products. This is the more simpler, and much easier method of recording, but the tones are somewhat generic, and while most of the models are good on the POD, they aren't of course as good as the real thing. Still, a good option.

To hook up a Line 6 Pod, you can do it through USB (not the best results through USB) or through your computers line in, by getting a 1/4- 1/8 adapter.

Mic and Audio Interface:

This is how most of the pro's do it. First of all, you buy a microphone to mic your guitar amp. The Shure SM57 is the industry standard. You then get a audio interface, such as this.

You then mic your amp, and record into a recording program such as Audacity. Micing your amp can be an annoying experience however, so be prepared to go through a somewhat tiring experience. It does pay off in the end though.
I for once use my POD Pocket direct line to mic on the pc and use adobe audition to record.

But, i prefer to get a mic and record from an amp, its way better if you have the correct tools. ^just looking at the post before me, he says it in a more detailed manner.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I like my POD GX, but Some of the effects really suck, and don't catch the said artist tone. Personally, Id rather mic my amp, but for now the GX will do. Id recommend it.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy