What's everyone's opinion on this bass? Specifically for Metal/Metalcore, but I also play in a Jazz band.
That's about what I expected of Schecters.

I've heard that this model in particular lacks low end, and that it has some high action. Any truth to this?
Quote by veageta8
That's about what I expected of Schecters.

I've heard that this model in particular lacks low end, and that it has some high action. Any truth to this?

Get a proper EQ and get a proper setup, the high action thing is ridiculous, any bass can be unplayable if you don't care for it. It can sound a little lacking in the lowend if you string it and EQ it badly, but if you make sound decisions you'll be ok.
Quote by watchingmefall
Get a proper EQ and get a proper setup, the high action thing is ridiculous, any bass can be unplayable if you don't care for it. It can sound a little lacking in the lowend if you string it and EQ it badly, but if you make sound decisions you'll be ok.

You've convinced me to try one out. Thanks man
I own one. It's a great bass, highly recommended.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
I would recommend it for everything. I play mostly blues and pop and classic rock and church music, and it all sounds great. Metal, sure, but you can get good metal tone out of a fender, too. Don't think that any instrument is limited to certain genres.

Some people hate the feel of schecters, so try one or two out before you get one.

Also, it is worth it to get the custom or studio model of the stiletto. Especially the studio, with neck-thru...:lickslips:
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
I dislike their "modern" tone, but as stated earlier a good eq and a nice setup will make them playable and sound pretty good
xbox live gamertag: phillips215