I though there are thoughts of guitarists in this part of the forum, and hopefully some of them listen to the blues. Who are the major artists I should be looking into? Or what artists should I listen to to try and attempt to get a wide variety of the blues?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by guitarsftw
the 3 Kings

This.
I'm very fond of Freddie King.
And of course there are more modern players like Joe Bonamassa.
And SRV. And many others.
Easiest blues to get into for the rock listener is the album "Bluesbreakers" by John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers feat. Eric Clapton. Incredible, ground breaking playing. If you want to hear a raw Clapton talent showcase then check out some of the tracks "All Your Love," "Steppin Out," "Little Girl" (which I love the solo in), "Double Crossing Time" and "Hideaway" are some of the favorites.
Hendrix
SRV
Buddy Guy
The 3 Kings
Eric Clapton
Robert Johnson
Some of Eric Johnson
Pink Floyd(?)
ZZ Top
Hound Dog Taylor
BB King
Buddy Guy
Robert Johnson
Albert King
Too many to list, where's goolz?

Basically the above and everyone else that inspired people like
Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
Stevie Ray
Robert Cray
Bonamassa
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Umm... Wrong Forum. Honestly, just go to pandora.com and listen to the different blues stations.
BB King
Albert King
ZZ Top
Roy Buchanan
Gary Moore (His latest stuff)
Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck
SRV
Robert Cray

Thats of course your getting into the blues. If you find you like it, you should go back to Robert Johnson etc. Hope this helped.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Quote by stratman7
Rory Gallagher, Joe Bonamassa, Buddy Guy, of course Stevie Ray Vaughan.

This plus Peter Green, Albert King and older Clapton

If you can cop all of their licks you will become god.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Leadbelly
Muddy Waters
Eric Clapton
BB King
Freddie King
Albert King
SRV
Hendrix
Mississippi Fred McDowell
Seasick Steve
John Lee Hooker
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
there are a few, obviously people prefer certain guitarists over another one (eg clapton or bbking are generally said)

but my vote goes to Rory Gallagher, highly influential & all the big blues player loved him.
then there is a delta blues player called Eric Sardinas

for more dirty blues go for johnny winter/walter trout/Steve Ray Vaughn

buddy holly/ albert king for older blues

ory Gallagher- Too Much Alcohol (acoustic slide VERY catchy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1zsRRt1FWE

Walter Trout-Dust My Broom (blues/rockabilly? i aint too sure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSbZBZjIDVI

Rory Gallagher- Walk On Hot Coals (unbelieveable solo for like 5 mins in this song -skip 2mins in to hear it ROCK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Hsu-A-WYM

always the same guy, never wanted to be starry just wanted to play music, the purest kind of musician he was. And i dont know if this sounds Corny or whatever but its the absolute truth- i never met anybody like him- Never. he taught me humility & dedication & reinforced my belief that this (guitarist) really was a proper job.... i owe him my sound'' - Brian May of QUEEN
BB KING!

he is the king

also stevie ray if course, and albert king
i got a really good blues mix cd set the other month, 3 cds, 1 of old early blues, one of legends and one of blues revival, only £8 from HMV if you are in the UK
Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore. I think Still Got The Blues by Gary is the biggest selling blues album ever, and his latest album Bad For You Baby has some amazing songs on it. And check out Irish Tour, and Live In Europe by Rory, amazing albums too.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Check out some Black Crowes. They have some really nice Bluesy stuff

Kenny Wayne Shepards early stuff

Anthony Gomes

And for a really bad ass blues band, check out Indigenous
The singer isnt great, but he shreds the SHIT out of the blues guitar. His red House cover is one of the best ive ever heard

John Mayer

Los Lonely boys if you can handle spanish lyrics

and the one, the only, SRV
Let's see, my vote goes for Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, B.B. King, Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, and Albert King.
Quote by headbangerbuggy
That is the most incomprehensible post I have ever seen. LEARN TO GRAMMAR.

Quote by steven seagull
Then it IS blues, just angrier, louder and more pissed off
The three Kings (BB, Freddie and Albert).

Maybe BB first, very simple style with the awesome and original licks. Not to mention the best vibrato ever
Quote by AWACS
I though there are thoughts of guitarists in this part of the forum, and hopefully some of them listen to the blues. Who are the major artists I should be looking into? Or what artists should I listen to to try and attempt to get a wide variety of the blues?

Check out the Muddy Waters "Hard Again" album.
Quote by bullfrogblues15
[Rory Gallagher post]

I love you!

Definately look into a bit of Rory!
For the more bluesy stuff look into his early solo albums, for a more rocky edge listen to his later albums (I'd say the rockier stuff starts on photo finish album, though don't be discouraged, there are bluesy bits on the later albums, Seven Days on Defender is probably my favourite acoustic Rory song) but if you're leaning towards Jazzy stuff definately look into his stuff with Taste, (even if you aren't after that stuff, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1DG2rRReaY listen to this! It is amazing!)

Along with this definately look into the more "conventional" blue stuff, like Muddy Waters, BB King, Albert King and Freddie King, Robert Johnson, Johnny Winter etc etc.

There's too many to list!
T Bone Walker
Jim Suhler
Savoy Brown
Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special
Fender Blues Jr
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet
Don't forget Dire Straits. First 2 albums are my pick. Also Sean Costello plays good blues.
PLEASE look into Johnny Winter. Raw, refined, fast, slow, hard rocking. Johnny was untouchable in his day.
I believe John Mayer's Where the Light Is DVD is a must have for any musician...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...