My friend as this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Raven-RG100-100W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481620
its a 100 watt raven. It doesn't turn on anymore. No power gets through it, its like the switch is disconnected, it just does nothing. I know thats kind of vague, but I'm his most knowledgeable friend. I've fixed guitars and my own amp... but nothing like this.

Anyone have a suggestion as to what is wrong? Obviously a power amp issue, its solid state so my limited knowledge is hinting to me that it might be a transformer, but if it even is that, the part is probably worth more than fixing the amp.

At this point, its garbage to him, so we're both looking at this more as a learning opportunity, so its no big deal if I screw something up worse than it already was. And I know they can hold charge after their unplugged, I've already looked into that safety issue.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
I doubt very much so that it would be the transformer.

I'd check all fuses. There is one that is accesible from outside the amp, then there are probably one or two on the inside.

If no fuses check bad, trash it. It was a cheap practice amp, anyways.
Quote by end_citizen
I doubt very much so that it would be the transformer.

I'd check all fuses. There is one that is accesible from outside the amp, then there are probably one or two on the inside.

If no fuses check bad, trash it. It was a cheap practice amp, anyways.
Wait ... WHAT?

Seems a bit premature, to me.

What if there's a break in the line-cord or the power switch is defective?
Or there's a connector that got separated?
Easy fixes, but no fuse would be bad.

I'd start with an ohmmeter and make sure you have continuity between the two prongs of the power plug when the power switch is on. If not, there's likely a very easy fix to be had.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, SYK is right.

I being a bit quick on the draw, I suppose.

If you do what SYK said, and what I said, the next thing would be to look for any spots on the board that look burned. Also, use your nose. If it smells burnt, something is wrong.

If you find something burnt, but can still recognize the value/read the value of the component you might want to try to replace it. Chances are, though that something else caused that particular component to fail.

Checking things within that component's signal path can be tedious.

It should just be something in the power supply, though. Check the power cable and switch like SYK said.