Page 1 of 2

Christmas gift from the girlfriend. Im at school so I wont be able to try it though an amp till I go on break this weekend, but the neck feels nice enough (though I dont like it as much as my MIM Strats) and the design is killer, of course. Thinking about putting a D Sonic or a Breed in. Thoughts?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
i bet that thing can SCREAM!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Sounds good. Of course if you want to go for full br00talz you have to leave that pickup in and paint little red hearts all over the body. Then run it through your B52 on the Solid State setting with Treble - 10 Mids - 0 Bass - 10 Gain - 10.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by boboguitar
Pretty br00tal. HNGD.

**** you retard
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
I was tempted to get one of those to mess around with. You should put a bare knuckle warpig in it, that would be bad ass.
BROOTALZ as hell d00d!

I like the idea of the EMG81...

Alternatively, a DiMarzio D Activator X in pink would match it nicely!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by War_Demon
**** you retard

oh lord.....

HNGD TS. make it into a project guitar if you have the time, money and patience

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Dark Aegis
I was tempted to get one of those to mess around with. You should put a bare knuckle warpig in it, that would be bad ass.

How does the Warpig compare to the Breed/D Sonic? Basically, I want something really heavy but with good tone. I thought about the EMG 81, but I think that might be a bit too bright for this kind of guitar
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

oh lord.....

HNGD TS. make it into a project guitar if you have the time, money and patience

This is what Im hoping to do. I want to at least change the pickup and put a locking trem on it, 80s Super Strat style
Board:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
How does the Warpig compare to the Breed/D Sonic? Basically, I want something really heavy but with good tone. I thought about the EMG 81, but I think that might be a bit too bright for this kind of guitar

The Warpig tends to be have a lower mid emphasis with thumping, percussive bass.

Great pickup for rhythm, not so much for leads. If you change you get ceramic magnet version of the Warpig, it does leads reasonably well, but not admirably well.

I wouldn't install a BKP in that Hello Kitty strat. BKPs really bring out the tonal character of the woods used in the guitar... and the wood on that axe isn't exactly flattering.

In fact, the general brightness of that guitar, combined with the bass and lower mid strength of the Warpig will give you a shrill and somewhat brittle tone.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
It needs an EMG man!
Those things sound the same where ever you put them.

HNCGD

the C is for camp :p
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by Laslow
You have an awesome girlfriend man. HNGD

I second that.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
So wait? I'm the only one that has a feeling he's trollin' and is gonna post his crazy new ESP on the second page?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by War_Demon
**** you retard

Who let the Noobert in?

Nice axe, bro. I remember GASing over one of those at the local guitar store. My vote goes to the EMG81. HNGD!
Quote by Faux~Affliction
So wait? I'm the only one that has a feeling he's trollin' and is gonna post his crazy new ESP on the second page?

Dont give it away!
Board:
Screw ESP, Hello Kitty strat is waay cooler. Seriously.
Congrats broseph.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you'll be lucky if you don't get Reported

HNGD

Duncan Custom Custom

Win, or a JB or maybe even go for a dimarzio SD
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by Dark Aegis
I had the same idea of getting this to mess around with.... and blow people's minds off.
EDIT: Your girlfriend is awesome +9001
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Last edited by Lekz at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by War_Demon
**** you retard

Congratulations, You're original now!

Pretty nice gift right there, I've always wanted one of these just for the purpose of owning one.
don't ask me why but that pink thing is kinda cute laying there on those white satin sheets....

wait... WAT?

+ to the girlfriend.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I like the D-sonic idea. Maybe you should do something unconventional to this forum, and get a suhr pickup. Despite not being popular here, they rip it up.
Quote by JagStang5246
Woah. You holding out on us, bro?

No, though I wouldnt have minded an ESP. I do have a NPD coming up fairly soon though...

And thanks to the rest for the pickup suggestions. Ill definitely be looking into them
Board:
Haha, awesome new gear day from a fellow member with a hello kitty themed "br00tal" guitar
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Quote by SinSyringe
put an emg 81 in that beautifully br00tal guitar XD

invaders all the way

srsly, this is great! hngd!
Wow...I've really got nothing to say other than that.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
you'll be lucky if you don't get Reported

Well today's not his lucky day then...
Quote by Alex Vik
Well today's not his lucky day then...

And some people get all uppity when I rip on the more trolly '09ers.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Do Want! :d
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
What are these guitars like under the pickguard....

Do the come pre-routed for aditional pickups?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Quote by ragingkitty
BROOTALZ as hell d00d!

I like the idea of the EMG81...

This.

They actually play kinda well, especially for the price. My girlfriend has one and she was gonna let me stick an EMG in it haha
Top lel.
I thought he was trolling at first....but he's ruined any chance of it being epic if he posts another guitar now, because this is epic enough!!

HappyNHKPSGDay

I like the EMG idea....but try and get a cover in pink or white to match.
Last edited by unet at Dec 9, 2009,
Epic! Does it have a nice feel to it, because this would be an awesome guitar to have as a bit of an icebreaker thingo. I don't know about the quality of these guitars, but some new electronics and hardware would make it scream like a mofo.

HNGD
HNGD! do not underestimate teh powah ov Hello Kitty...

btw, I like it!
Ibanez JEM 555 > Line 6 POD XT Live > Behringer MS16 Monitor Speakers

"Asked us if we were happy, we said we didn't know...
Took us by the hands and up we go..."

Italians do it better.
Page 1 of 2