I just bought a Yamaha classical guitar from Guitar Center and noticed it had a tiny hole in the fretboard. Is this negligible or is this something that could worsen? i.e. Should I return this guitar? Here is a picture:

New guitar =(
That's so tiny that it shouldn't make a noticeable difference.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
it shouldn't get worse or affect playing at all, but if you're uncomfortable about it definitely return it. it looks like the fretboard might be rosewood, which is a very porous wood, so tiny holes and divots are just kind of the norm. that hole does look bigger than any i've seen in rosewood, though (even though its the size of a pinhead).
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Looks rather small to me, I think it should be fine. Rosewood sometimes has even small grooves in the grain. I know at one point I noticed some and thought it was too dry but its rather normal. Its not going to be perfectly smooth and flat all around since like someone said, its a porous wood.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
It will be completely fine.

Out of curiosity, is it a drilled hole or a chip that looks like a hole?
Quote by GC Shred Off
It will be completely fine.

Out of curiosity, is it a drilled hole or a chip that looks like a hole?

I don't think it's a drilled hole, cause even though it looks perfectly round in the picture (phone camera lol) it really looks like it's just a small chipped hole on a dark spot on the fretboard.