Here are two I thought of. Any comments on the quality of these?? Which one of the two should I buy(Gibson is not in my budget and I've heard stories of Agiles being better than most Epiphones)?? I'm also a bit concerned over the fact that the "horn" on the cutaway is less curvy and sharp than an Epiphone or Gibson. Petty, I know lol.

http://www.rondomusic.com/al2000hsbf.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/DAUNTLESSSBDHSBF.HTML

I'm leaning toward the second one.
Im not sure about an agile quality, ive only heard but never had the luck to get my hands on one. But Douglas is a lower branch of Agile and I love my douglas so I can only assume an agile is awsome. I suggest the Dauntless. I plan to get me a Dauntless EMG eventually.
they have a thru neck LP.
what more can you say about them? the place is guitarist heaven.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I like the finish on the second one better myself.

And yes, Agile guitars are well worth the money. The great customer service is a plus as well.
They're fine for the money. Don't believe all the rave reviews though. If you page through the Agile forums it's like nobody has ever even picked up a high-end guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
They're fine for the money. Don't believe all the rave reviews though. If you page through the Agile forums it's like nobody has ever even picked up a high-end guitar.

Well, if by "high end" you mean Gibson, then I'll have to settle for the Agile, because money comes easier for some than others........

My buddy has an Agile... it was so surprisingly great for the price, Iw ould say, if you have the money, get it.
Still though, there's the fact that you should probably play every guitar that you wanna bye before you actually bye it, but hey, its your money!
I am a Stephenist
Quote by twdavis13
Well, if by "high end" you mean Gibson, then I'll have to settle for the Agile, because money comes easier for some than others........

If it were between Agile and Gibson I'd probably get an Agile too. I'm just saying that even Rondo's high-end stuff doesn't deserve all the praise it's given. They're still very much mid-range guitars. The woods and electronics just aren't there on an Agile and the fretwork, while certainly livable out of the box, will require some expert attention if you want the most out of it.

No Gibson (anything standard and above) I've ever played has felt in like an Agile could pose it any serious threat. Agiles feel like really well put together Epiphones - as well they should as they're build where Epiphones used to be. I'd agree that if you took a nice 3100 and gave it some pickups, new wiring, a fret-job, and a setup, you'd have one hell of a good guitar. But then we're taking the $500 Agile and dumping what, $200 for pickups and another $100-200 for an adequate setup? It'll slay, but it won't be the "low-priced high-value spectacular" anymore, will it?

I'll just close it up here by saying I'm still an Agile fan. I think they're great guitars for people who like something where the purchase price can be seen in the woods and construction. I'm more than happy to rip apart wiring and redo it all to my likings; it's even the same with the finer points of fretwork (to a degree) where I'll gladly have a skilled luthier coax the final bit of magic out of the guitar.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Agile's are fantastic guitars, whether on a strict budget or not. I've been eyeing the Dauntless models for a while.

I'm actually looking to sell mine, but it's a P90 version. If you want more info, just PM, but probably not what you're looking for.

Below is a picture of my 2002 AL-2500 (pre-lawsuit body, the 2500's were nicer then) and the 1956 Edition Epiphone. The difference? The Agile has better fit and finish. Side by side, though, requires a double-take. Mine is seven years old and looks perfect and sounds friggin' amazing! I wouldn't consider selling this if I didn't have to replace my Strat , as it's essentially an exact copy.
Attachments:
Agile 2a.jpg
Epiphone Les paul 1956.jpg
In the New Year, my LP (TC Ellis Custom Shop) will be around the colour of that Amber Burst. Cherry Burst is so common! The special price is an absolute steal, I'd say, as Agiles are always compared to the Vintage brand in Europe. Then you can swap the pups and get a pro setup done as money permits.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

THIS one

or this one

some black speed knobs on the green one would equal sex in the form of an affordable guitar... i want it!
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Dec 10, 2009,