I played it for about an hour and its a pretty cool amp. It is super versitile and really easy to use. tone wise i think it is better than its most direct competition (marshall jvm). the isf and the dpr features are genuinely useful and heaps of fun to play with. it is also well priced and very ergonomic.

however, i don't think it lives up to the hype. pretty much every guitar magazine i have seen has been praising it as if it was the next coming of jesus. In reality, it is just a convenient "do it all" amp that almost sounds great.

The tone lacks that organic feel to the overdrive that you only get from a really good amp. (edit: i am not talking about touch sensitivity or vintage flavour) its hard to describe with words. the overtones of the distortion just sounds more pleasing to the ear. examples of amps with this mojo include: mesa dual recto, hughes & kettner trilogy, orange rocker, bogner uberschall.

the other thing that i felt was lacking is the fact that both the power reduction feature and the eq section were global. it would be really cool to have compressed, low wattage cleans along with a crunch that had lots of backbone then go back to low wattage for a smoother lead tone. i guess here you do have to remember that many amps dont have this kind of feature in the fist place anyways.

so thats my 2c. who else has tried this amp? what are your opinions?
Last edited by TheFunkyAvocado at Dec 8, 2009,
I've tried one, I think it sounds pretty good. Solid overall tone, didn't get a chance to tweak a lot but I'm talking just a brief 15-20 minute sit down, not sure how you think this amp lacks mojo whilst a Dual Rec doesn't.
Depends on your definition of mojo, I guess. Personally, I've never felt any amp other than a Class A had much mojo, and that includes the Mesas that I've owned and loved.
Quote by jean_genie
Depends on your definition of mojo, I guess. Personally, I've never felt any amp other than a Class A had much mojo, and that includes the Mesas that I've owned and loved.

None of the other amps you listed were Class A.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i think we mean different things by mojo. i pretty much just mean that the balance of the particular frequencies of the overtones in the distortion are pleasing to the ear. i am not talking about touch sensitivity or any specific vintage characteristics.