What scale would typically go best with a Korina-bodied guitar? I would think a short scale (24 1/2) would be good because it would balance out Korinas' relative brightness to mahogany. But what do I know

Also, how much of a tonal difference do small measurements make e.g. 24 1/2" vs 24 3/4" scale?
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Limba (korina) is a little less bassy than mahogany but it's still a very dark-toned wood. If you wanted to balance it out with scale length, you'd want to go for 25.5".

As far as small measurements like that go, it'll make hardly any difference. I struggle to hear the difference in tone between different scales unless there's over half an inch difference in it, and even then there's a million other factors (especially string gauge) that matter more than the scale length. You shouldn't pick scale length based on tone, you should pick it based on what fits your hands best for maximum playability. Tone can be tweaked a hundred different ways, playability really can't.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Limba (korina) is a little less bassy than mahogany but it's still a very dark-toned wood. If you wanted to balance it out with scale length, you'd want to go for 25.5".

As far as small measurements like that go, it'll make hardly any difference. I struggle to hear the difference in tone between different scales unless there's over half an inch difference in it, and even then there's a million other factors (especially string gauge) that matter more than the scale length. You shouldn't pick scale length based on tone, you should pick it based on what fits your hands best for maximum playability. Tone can be tweaked a hundred different ways, playability really can't.

Lucky me, I love long-scale guitars!
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Really you can get the same exact sound out of all
scales on guitars. You will just have to use thicker strings
the smaller the scale. I've noticed a 58 on the Low E
on say 25.5" scale would roughly equal a 62-64 on a 24.75"
course smaller gauge on 27 Barri-tone scale

Generally speaking small skinny people prefer the smaller scales
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab