i've been playing guitar for almost 10 years now. i'm not bragging, but i am relatively a good player. i've never really took up right tapping technique or songs, so i'm super weak at this stuff. i can tap but it sounds like crap. i was just wondering, are you supposed to develop calluses on your right fingertips to in order to make the tapping sound a lot better?? my right hand fingertips are callus free so i thought maybe thats the reason.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Ok, you can develop calluses on your finger, which makes the sound a little more clear. But, if you're like me, and dont tap all the time and instead mix styles, I find it easier to tap with a side of my pick, making a clear, crisp sound, and allowing easy transitions (ex, tapping to sweep or fast picking.) where I use the pointeded edge. Hope this helps.
Quote by AJSaw
Ok, you can develop calluses on your finger, which makes the sound a little more clear. But, if you're like me, and dont tap all the time and instead mix styles, I find it easier to tap with a side of my pick, making a clear, crisp sound, and allowing easy transitions (ex, tapping to sweep or fast picking.) where I use the pointeded edge. Hope this helps.

Yeah this is what I do to, because when I tap with my finger it sounds so weak. Except I advice to try to also build up your finger tapping so you do 8 finger tapping, but thats going to take a while.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave